A&H

*OFFICIAL* World Cup 2014 Thread!

Steve C

The Unfit one!
Just over 48hours to go until Brazil and Croatia Kick things off in the Arena de Sao Paulo!

Use this thread for reaction to games, refereeing decisions, incidents, wonder goals, showboating that may have been missed, general world cup chat, whatever!

brazil2014-300x336.jpg

The Referee Store
Opening match goes to Yuichi Nishimura (JPN)
Also a fun function on Twitter with #hashflags, use a country's code e.g. #ENG, #BIH and a flag appears, as if by magic!

I am sort of supporting England currently. Only because I think they will need to play a damn sight better than they have so far to stand a snowballs chance #Underdogs. Gotta love em

I want either Brazil or France to win, Brazil as a legendary footballing country and home nation, and France as I have a lot of French friends and my dad and family live there! I would support England but they annoy me too much! Also my favorite footballers ever: Thierry Henry, Pele, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo, Cafu, Zidane and R. Carlos. Del Piero is in there too so Italy I wouldnt mind winning it! But Englad frustrate me far too much for me to be patriotic!

I am sort of supporting England currently. Only because I think they will need to play a damn sight better than they have so far to stand a snowballs chance #Underdogs. Gotta love em
I Kind of start the tournament feeling patriotic but it kind of goes downhill from there :( One year we will win!

Spain or Brazil to win for me!

Good! Cant stand that Can-Head, dont want any Man U players near it! Theyve all been terrible! Even Rooney! Dont want johnson either!

My Eng XI Would be: 4-3-3
Hart
Shaw Jagielka Cahill Baines

Henderson Gerrard Barkley

Sterling Lambert Lallana

Micah richards over glen johnson all day long, cant stand wilshire, nor man utds players like smalling, or rooney or jones or whoever, should have brought defoe instead of someone ive named!!

I personally don't rate Henderson. Don't think he adds anything to the team, especially as he is just a not-so-good carbon copy of Lallana. I'd go with:

Hart

Johnson Jagielka Cahill Baines

Wilshere Gerard

Sterling Lallana Sturridge

Rooney

If Ox was fit I'd play him over Sterling, using Sterling and Barkley as impact subs.

Hmm not bad, but I think Henderson and Gerrard work well together, Henderson does a good holding role and gerrard can spread the play like butter, I dont personally like wilshire, i dont think he adds anything but hey we all have different preferences, I cant stand johnson, he's absolutely terrible, he cant defend and makes the wrong choices going forward, rooney is a lazy, over rated ,sulking **** and sturridge is far too greedy for my choosing, he couldnt finish his dinner let alone chances (as seen vs Honduras!)

@Owen Webster finally!!!! Somebody who wouldn't start Henderson or Barkley, Henderson is massively over-rated. As for Barkley, good player but not ready for the big stage yet, needs another few years.

@Owen Webster finally!!!! Somebody who wouldn't start Henderson or Barkley, Henderson is massively over-rated. As for Barkley, good player but not ready for the big stage yet, needs another few years.

Im not saying that I rate henderson, I just think that he does his job well, he's an average player but he does his role well. As for Barkley, Id be tempted to bring him on off the bench but he provided the best opportunities v HON, and there are a lot of inexperienced players in the squad but Barkley is my pick as one of the best of them.

Henderson does a job well? Didn't realise this was a comedy thread. He runs round does naff all then gives the ball away... Overrated!!

Agreed. Henderson does absolutely nothing - does drive forwards, doesn't get assists, doesn't score goals...

I think Barkley is a good player, but I wouldn't start him yet for sure especially against teams like Italy and Uruguay where experience is needed.

And you've got to be joking @Steve C, yes I know Johnson isn't the best in the world, but would you really rather play a left-footed inexperienced 18 year old out of position in a world cup?

Don't mean that in a bad way though lol, just my opinion of course :)

The repeat of the final (SPN-NED) goes to Italy's Nicola Rizzoli. Will be a tough game I expect and will potentially have a couple of cautions in it with possibly a red card or 2 in it.

Back