A&H

Notts Forest Vs Arsenal

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Appreciate the sentiment and stand that Arsenal are taking with their one off all-white out kit, but white numbers as well with only a pencil thin outline?

Technically they are regulation compliant, but not good for spectators. :eek:

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Are they compliant? I don’t know about PL, but it is pretty common for leagues to have rules about how the numbers are presented with different color or thickness of the outline.

Looks a nailed on penalty.

During the Hull Vs Everton game, the commentary team said only PL team stadiums have VAR available. Nothing new, but surely in this day and age all televised games in the competition should be using VAR at least?

Tell you what that’s a pen for me. Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a free kick.

During the Hull Vs Everton game, the commentary team said only PL team stadiums have VAR available. Nothing new, but surely in this day and age all televised games in the competition should be using VAR at least?
Should either be all have VAR or none have it. Unbelievably stupid

Tell you what that’s a pen for me. Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a free kick..
You said it, 3 pushes within a couple of minutes of each other, 2 given, 1 not, the 1 one not being given was in the box. No attempt to play the ball, just a straight forward push in the back, no different from the 2 given that followed shortly after. No wonder Forest players were clearly annoyed.

Penalty for me. However, similar to a similar discussion last week, if someone grabs the back of your shirt when you are practically standing still it does not cause you to fall forward. Never.

Nothing wrong with that goal for me, non-deliberate hardball leading to the counter where the forest goal is scored

Not the cleverest of "challenges" by Martinelli from behind on Spence, fairly cynical. Spence clearly annoyed and could quite easily have sparked a mass brawl.

Not the cleverest of "challenges" by Martinelli from behind on Spence, fairly cynical. Spence clearly annoyed and could quite easily have sparked a mass brawl.
Hate those challenges I really do. Would love to see a red card for those but in reality they’re a yellow. I believe Woods got red carded in a Championship game for this a few months back.

Also, in regards to your title Moosey, I know a few Nottingham Forest fans and they all seem to get pissed off when they’re called “Notts Forest!.” Not sure why, but you get a response of ”we’re not Notts County, we are Nottingham Forest.” Bit pedantic if you ask me but sure they’ll be some history there or something

It isn't that straight forward. You need dedicated high speed network links back to Stockley Park, these typically have lead times of up to 3 months to install. To do that they would need mobile VAR units to be deployed at the grounds, and as they've gone down the route of all games having VAR at Stockley Park they don't have that capability.

It isn't that straight forward. You need dedicated high speed network links back to Stockley Park, these typically have lead times of up to 3 months to install. To do that they would need mobile VAR units to be deployed at the grounds, and as they've gone down the route of all games having VAR at Stockley Park they don't have that capability.

In comparison, TMOs on rugby union/premiership rugby sit in the OB truck covering the match normally parked outside the ground next to the bins. Therefore nice an easy to have on any TV fixture, or one with multiple camera coverage for highlights.

In comparison, TMOs on rugby union/premiership rugby sit in the OB truck covering the match normally parked outside the ground next to the bins. Therefore nice an easy to have on any TV fixture, or one with multiple camera coverage for highlights.
Don't disagree, but PGMOL don't have that.

I really think that’s a red. Directly from behind, no real attempt to play the ball, and it was more than just a garden variety trip. I don’t think anyone doing that has a complaint if they get their walking papers.

Should either be all have VAR or none have it. Unbelievably stupid

Until there is a round where all can use it, normally QF, definitely SF as it's at Wembley, I agree. All or none.
But why just PL grounds?
Fulham, Sheffield United, WBA, Bournemouth - all clubs that were very recently in Premier League, all used VAR then. But can't now. They have the capabilities so why not?

Until there is a round where all can use it, normally QF, definitely SF as it's at Wembley, I agree. All or none.
But why just PL grounds?
Fulham, Sheffield United, WBA, Bournemouth - all clubs that were very recently in Premier League, all used VAR then. But can't now. They have the capabilities so why not?
In not sure you appreciate what it takes to keep a VAR system in working order (and in compliance with the technical specifications).

Grounds with VAR systems that are going to be used during the season have to go through fairly thorough, time-consuming and relatively costly checking and calibration procedures before the beginning of the season.

Then they have to be re-checked (albeit in a less in-depth procedure) before each game. If faults or mis-calibration are found, those issues have to be rectified.

All the equipment, manpower, time and logistics needed for the pre-season and pre-game checks are allocated and budgeted for the teams in the Premier League only.

The resources needed to do it for teams outside the EPL are just not in place, and can't suddenly be implemented overnight for one-off games like FA cup ties.

The teams you mention may possibly still have some of the equipment left over from when they were in the Premier League (or they may have disposed of it, for instance by selling it to newly-promoted clubs). However even if they do I can pretty much guarantee you that they're not going to be spending the time, effort and especially money to keep it ready for use, when it's not a requirement for the league they're in.

But why just PL grounds?

The same applies to GLT. the justification though is, if you have the technology, use it.

of course the issue with ( as example) saying var comes in at q/f is Carlisle or equal get to that stage. ( yes we expect the bigger teams but its a variable), so cannot put a definate label on it,

Suppose if was being pedantic about it one could say why do Utd get Oliver tonight but whoever unknown got Reading. Surely in the interests of a level playing field all teams get a fifa official, or none do.

You simply make the best of the resources available. We will never know but maybe without var, Cambridge goal might have been flagged offside ( as a rough example)

so swings and roundabouts.

of course the issue with ( as example) saying var comes in at q/f is Carlisle or equal get to that stage. ( yes we expect the bigger teams but its a variable), so cannot put a definate label on it,

just on this, a few years ago man city drew burton in the league cup semi final and VAR was sorted for the game at Burton, so it shows it can be done and they would, i presume, do it again if something similar happened in either cup comp

Back