A&H

Notts C v Coventry

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Mike Deans stunt double refereeing this one, he got the moves down to a tee also
Bit over keen to play things on but he is having an ok game

The Referee Store
Had some fun just before half time where two players went head to head. Amusing to see Ron Ganfield get in the middle of them, dropping his flag in the process. Looked to me that Ganfield got involved with verbals with the players after it and Darren Drysdale put his finger to his lips to tell him to stop.

Think Drysdale has had really good communication with the players, even smiling with them as he cautioned. Then I saw that Phil Dowd is his coach, so perhaps Phil's refereeing style is rubbing off on him?

I dont think I have seen this ref before but he is ok
Yip makes sense now the shush lips gesture, something Dowd used to do

I've not seen much of Darren Drysdale, but I've really enjoyed the way he's reffed this game. Seems to have a really good rapport with the players and genuinely seems to be enjoying what he's doing.

County be raging as the pen Coventry got last week with five mins to go was a shambles.
No I dont think a decision costs teams leagues and so on but County can look back and rightly say big calls were wrongly given over the two games

Be interesting to hear the experienced refs thoughts on that last incident. Kevin Nolan is giving it to the ref about the goal being incorrectly chalked off for offside, to which the ref clearly states that it was the assistant ref that made the call. Now clearly that's the case but is saying that to Nolan throwing the AR under a bus by doing it so publically (even made the offside hand gesture). If you were an AR, would you feel ok with that from the ref (ie, you deserved it) or would you feel that you have been chucked under the bus?

Be interesting to hear from the experienced refs thoughts on that last incident. Kevin Nolan is giving it to the ref about the goal being incorrectly chalked off for offside, to which the ref clearly states that it was the assistant ref that made the call. Now clearly that's the case but is saying that to Nolan throwing the AR under a bus by doing it so publically (even made the offside hand gesture). If you were an AR, would you feel ok with that from the ref (ie, you deserved it) or would you feel that you have been chucked under the bus?

Thats a sensible thing to ask. For me if I was middle to a new guy, I would prob take the rap but if i was middle out there tonight I would have no issue making it crystal that it was the AR call.
As AR I want my ref to say, lino gave it, or so on, as, I am happy with that responsibilty.
I suppose it is game dependent and your relationship with the ARs and their experience

I've heard from others that Ron Ganfield has something of a reputation for being a bit maverick. Drysdale was definitely telling him to be quiet after the coming together just before half time. Whatever the relationship is though between referee and assistants, you can't really say a lot when confronted by a manager other than "I didn't give it, couldn't see that it was wrong from my angle". Pointless saying that you thought the assistant was definitely right as if he wasn't you will look like a clown.

It appears that Ganfield has history of falling out with a referee ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/527729/refs-bust-up-after-tiote-strike-ruled-out/

Firstly, I'm a Notts fan and was at the game this evening. We didn't deserve to win the game but we've been totally done by refereeing decisions in both legs of the playoffs.

I thought Drysdale was pretty good tonight, I like his style. However, Mr Ganfield, on the other hand, looked like he just didn't want to be there!

His body language was totally off, not interested at all, not keeping in line with 2nd last defender or up with play. And to top it off he wasn't even doing the basics of holding the flag in the correct hand. Then decides to get right in the middle of a potential mass confrontation?

Errors and mistakes happen but tonight they cannot be justified.

I've heard from others that Ron Ganfield has something of a reputation for being a bit maverick. Drysdale was definitely telling him to be quiet after the coming together just before half time. Whatever the relationship is though between referee and assistants, you can't really say a lot when confronted by a manager other than "I didn't give it, couldn't see that it was wrong from my angle". Pointless saying that you thought the assistant was definitely right as if he wasn't you will look like a clown.

It appears that Ganfield has history of falling out with a referee ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/527729/refs-bust-up-after-tiote-strike-ruled-out/

So much for all that garbage about being part of a team.

Firstly, I'm a Notts fan and was at the game this evening. We didn't deserve to win the game but we've been totally done by refereeing decisions in both legs of the playoffs.

I thought Drysdale was pretty good tonight, I like his style. However, Mr Ganfield, on the other hand, looked like he just didn't want to be there!

His body language was totally off, not interested at all, not keeping in line with 2nd last defender or up with play. And to top it off he wasn't even doing the basics of holding the flag in the correct hand. Then decides to get right in the middle of a potential mass confrontation?

Errors and mistakes happen but tonight they cannot be justified.

Was I right in thinking there was VAR tonight or am I imagining it.

Or was it goal line technology I’m sure the commentator mentioned it.

Back