A&H

Not so much a tip as a warning

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
deep heated up my leg at half time today due to the bumpiest and hardest pitch I think I've ever stepped foot on.

Immediately after I'd applied the cream a fly flew straight into the corner of my eye and without thinking I wiped it out with my hand still covered in deep heat!

To say it was painful would be an understatement. I'd have taken it on my gentlemans area ten times over. Second half was delayed by 15 minutes as I was literally blind in that eye until around 5 litres of water had been used to rinse it!

Currently debating whether to give the quacks a call as it's currently redder than a baboons buttocks and still flaming painful!

The Referee Store
deep heated up my leg at half time today due to the bumpiest and hardest pitch I think I've ever stepped foot on.

Immediately after I'd applied the cream a fly flew straight into the corner of my eye and without thinking I wiped it out with my hand still covered in deep heat!

To say it was painful would be an understatement. I'd have taken it on my gentlemans area ten times over. Second half was delayed by 15 minutes as I was literally blind in that eye until around 5 litres of water had been used to rinse it!

Currently debating whether to give the quacks a call as it's currently redder than a baboons buttocks and still flaming painful!

Lololololololololololololololololol!

Serves you right! :p:p:p:p:p:p

I find deep heat to be bad enough on my hamstrings, never mind in my eye! Might be worth giving the NHS 111 line a ring if it's really bad.

Given it a good wash and stuck some Saline drops in there. Will re assess in the morning and probably call the GP!

The stuff is like sulphuric acid :confused::cry:

Given it a good wash and stuck some Saline drops in there. Will re assess in the morning and probably call the GP!

The stuff is like sulphuric acid :confused::cry:

Only a minute amount of it will have gotten into your eye, but bear in mind that Deep Heat wasn't designed for absorption via mucous membranes - certainly not one as sensitive as the eye. If the pain and/or discolouration persist beyond 24 hours mate - I'd get myself along to A&E. ;)
Hope you're feeling a bit better today....... :)

I wonder if @Ross will offer odds on the first RefChat marriage...RegalFinest & HertsRef make a cute couple!!

I feel your pain. I've not done eye...but I have done gentleman's area when going to the little boy's room...! Ouchies!

Making up for lost time mate. :)

A couple of my more mischievous referee colleagues decided it would be amusing to smother the referee's boxer shorts in deep heat while he was in the shower. Whilst they got amusement of him hopping from leg to leg in the boardroom, it backfired as it took them twice as long to get home as the referee was driving and kept having to stop the car to see to his plums ..!

Back