A&H

Not quite TV but heard on the Radio....

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
that a Junior Rugby League in Yorkshire was introducing "Silent Sunday" yesterday.

Parents were not allowed to make any noise from the side of the pitch.

This is an attempt to improve behaviour of parents at youth Rugby matches.

Thoughts - Practical? Worth trying in football?

Thanks

The Referee Store
Some years back there was a similar initiative down here. Was successful until the next week when it went back to normal. Was as if nothing has happened at all.

I'd like to see it done again though Except this time on every Sunday. And Saturday. And midweek. Actually just ban spectators :D

It's been done here in Ontario at the youth levels for a few years now -- mostly to rave reviews and such.

It's a little surreal being at a complex with 3-4 pitches of games going on and being able to hear each and every touch of the ball, the players' (quiet) voices, etc.

Even the coaches are silent in the ones here.

Cheers Brian, how was that "success" measured?
I think it was measured on the basis that the parents who would normally turn a deaf ear to those sounding off, actually did something. Players and referees reported it was a better environment in which to okay the game as well

I think it was measured on the basis that the parents who would normally turn a deaf ear to those sounding off, actually did something. Players and referees reported it was a better environment in which to okay the game as well
Thanks Brian, would be interesting to referee a game in that environment.

Back