A&H

Not being paid full amount...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the academy side I ref on a Sunday pays £20 for U14's (I done these 4 times) and £15 for U13's (I done once). We get paid every 5 games. Handed my time sheet in 3 weeks ago, thinking I'll be at least £95 up for Christmas. Anyway, check comes 3 weeks later, yes 3 weeks! £75. Great, paid me at least £20 less... Mesaged him Saturday and had 'will get it checked', messaged him today, same response. It's money I need for Christmas as I've still got presents to buy :mad:, is there a certain procedure to follow if I do not get paid the full amount soon? E.G filing a misconduct report about the HOYD?

Cheers.

The Referee Store
Can't help, here it's cash in hand, before KO for youth games, as soon as you can get it post match in open age.......

It certainly isn't a misconduct report. Perhaps email him again saying you will escalate to their parent CFA if you don't get a response within 48 hours indicating that payment will be made.

You need to speak to the person who gives you the appointments. It's unlikely to be the club itself, more likely an appointments officer at the County FA. I'd give your RDO a call to see what they can tell you. It might be a misunderstanding and you might get your money before Christmas but if I were you I wouldn't kick up too much of a fuss if you have to wait for it. They may decide to mark you low or ask that you stop being sent to their games. It's not fair, but it's like any person who owes you money who under pays but re-employs you on a regular basis.

Cash on the day here...if a club doesn't pay they get a fine added on top!

Oh and the scales here are
U9-10s £30 for two games
U11-16 £30
U17-18 £35
Open Age Junior - £40 plus 30p mile
Open Age Intermediate - £55 plus 30p mile

Last edited:
Check out money bags, in my area I get £30 for an open age middle for men or £25 plus travel for women's open age.

Lines on a Sunday are £17 and Saturdays are £15. lines on the Ryman Development are £30.

All in cash either before or after the game depending on the league.

None payment is reported to the league, and they give the club at fault some time to make payment, and if that doesn't happen then the league pay and the club get fined

I find this very strange. In Western Australia we simply get paid before kick - off: eminently sensible if there is any trouble during the match. Why is this not a general rule?

Check out money bags, in my area I get £30 for an open age middle for men or £25 plus travel for women's open age.

Lines on a Sunday are £17 and Saturdays are £15. lines on the Ryman Development are £30.

All in cash either before or after the game depending on the league.

None payment is reported to the league, and they give the club at fault some time to make payment, and if that doesn't happen then the league pay and the club get fined

Lines are £20 plus 30p mile

women's again £40 plus 30 mile

I have allways been paid before KO but I do know some clubs pay at the end as they take it out of refreshments sold. I think each league has their own rates. In suffolk 11 aside youth football is £25, I cant remember what 9 aside is but I do have all the details saved to my phone for easy access.

U9-10s £30 for two games
U11-16 £30
U17-18 £35

U9-10s £30 for two games
U11-16 £30
U17-18 £35

Jeez! £22 open age and under 18's, other youths less here......may have to move!

Senior football in England is generally that the officials are paid after the game. Normally these rules also state that the payment must be made in the changing room, as it doesn't great handing over cash or envelopes in the board room and certainly not in the bar with members of the public watching.

Personally I prefer getting paid after the game, especially on parks games, as then if it is nicked during the 90 minutes it isn't my problem ..!

Happened to me once. Manager was VERY late arriving at the ground - we eventually kicked off without him.

It was U16s - "He's late every week" one his players told me.

End of the game, he said he would get "money sent to me".

I was very unimpressed - gave club sec a call, who told me he had now left the club (it was last game of the season), he referred me to someone else. Told ref appointments' officer who, after a few days, got someone from the club to drop the money round to my house.

I STILL mention it every time I pass the ground - much to Mrs Pinner's annoyance:)

£18 plus 32p a mile for open age here

Surely that's a typo....£18.....open age? That's truly abysmal.

£28 for 11v11 youth games.....
Ranges from £26 plus travelling to £30 all inclusive for Sunday morning OA........various different rates for Sat PM depending on leagues etc

Surely that's a typo....£18.....open age? That's truly abysmal.

£28 for 11v11 youth games.....
Ranges from £26 plus travelling to £30 all inclusive for Sunday morning OA........various different rates for Sat PM depending on leagues etc
Nope, no typo, £18 plus expenses

I don't know if the travel has an impact on the level your fee is set at but over here we can't claim for more than 50 miles i.e. £15 so our maximum for open age at Junior level (which is adults) is £55 and that has been agreed for the next four seasons after that I would suspect an increase again. @Ross you are definitely being underpaid and undervalued! Even if you take it not including travel arriving one hour before match pre-match inspection 1.5 hours for match plus time after and any reports submitted that's minimum of 3 hours work so you are getting below the minimum wage let alone being paid pittance for being abusing!

Down here, it was £15 + 40p a mile for Dorset League matches until this season, it's now a £25 flat fee. Dorset Premier League (Step 7) was £25 + 40p a mile in the middle and £15 + 40p a mile on the line, it's now a flat £35 and £25 respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back