A&H

Norwich-Man Utd

The Referee Store
Yes he got a big call correct

however, is that not what we expect?

it was tailor made for him, bang centre, so no angle required...

He’s taken quite a bit of stick recently (much of it justified) but Jon Moss was spot on with the DOGSO for Klose. Right place, looking straight at it and minimal hesitation. Commentators initially seemed surprised but it was nailed on.

Good to see.
If we want to be super critical (and it's Moss, so we do ;)), I think he's a touch lucky on his positioning. The first tackle that he played advantage on left 2 defenders standing only a few cm away from blocking his view of the key incident. The blue line I've drawn on here is his window of a clear view. It's narrow and I think you can argue that he's pretty lucky that it stayed open for the key moment.

Moss.jpg

Conversely, if he'd made a run to a more advanced, more diagonal position such as that marked by the black circle, he would have been side on to both incidents, massively reducing the chance of his view being blocked and without sacrificing much in the way of distance.

Like I said, massively looking for problems and it was such an obvious decision, he could have been stood having a chat with the Man U goalkeeper and still would have probably got it right! But I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to help everyone improve by drawing a distinction between "a good enough position" and "the best position"?

Last edited:
Common theme to this officials game, central and too far away from play
Which is acceptable if you get the big call.
If you dont, then, well...

thing is, his coach or peers must be aware of this and consider it to be ok

which is worrying

If we want to be super critical (and it's Moss, so we do ;)), I think he's a touch lucky on his positioning. The first tackle that he played advantage on left 2 defenders standing only a few cm away from blocking his view of the key incident. The blue line I've drawn on here is his window of a clear view. It's narrow and I think you can argue that he's pretty lucky that it stayed open for the key moment.

View attachment 4380

Conversely, if he'd made a run to a more advanced, more diagonal position such as that marked by the black circle, he would have been side on to both incidents, massively reducing the chance of his view being blocked and without sacrificing much in the way of distance.

Like I said, massively looking for problems and it was such an obvious decision, he could have been stood having a chat with the Man U goalkeeper and still would have probably got it right! But I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to help everyone improve by drawing a distinction between "a good position" and "the best position"?
I don’t like the fact he’s making absolutely no effort to even jog, nevermind run to the incident there. If Igahlo hadn’t been brought Dow , he’s in no kind of position to keep up with the goal scoring opportunity

This was me trying to be open minded and objective rather than hypercritical of him. If there are positives I will highlight them or else it risks looking like a witch hunt.

That said I don’t disagree with the “broken clock is right twice a day” arguments put forward though 😉

I don’t like the fact he’s making absolutely no effort to even jog, nevermind run to the incident there. If Igahlo hadn’t been brought Dow , he’s in no kind of position to keep up with the goal scoring opportunity
I think he was still savoring the moment for the fantastic advantage he played :D

Back