A&H

Noble Red

Steve C

The Unfit one!
Watching the Lpool vs WHU, Noble red card ( im sure you'll all see on MOTD later).Noble yellowed in 1st half. Second half, hes weaving the ball out of his own box gets an advantage from K Friend, then as he's in danger of losing it, he lunges in to Can. Now, Friend gives straight red (3 game ban, appealable) but IMO it was a yellow challenge, (same result except not appealable and 1 game ban). Not sure what was going through Mr Friends mind but it was given. I think itll get overturned to be honest.

The Referee Store
Whistle had already gone when Noble slid in......but it was never a straight red challenge.....barely a yellow.....

Have to agree even as a Liverpool supporter, Noble was never a red.
Coutinhos clearly a second yellow

Coutinho a blatant second yellow.

I can only assume that the referee saw noble leave the ground and thought the tackle was excessive force. Itwasn't, but that's what I assume happened.

Noble was unlucky, the lunge looked bad initially but it was very controlled and stopped well short of ings would should be ashamed of himself for the play acting to get noble sent off. Mistake by Friend.

Coutinho was spot on. Definite second caution.

I think it's the reaction of the Liverpool player which sways Kevin Friend's decision.

West Ham will almost certainly appeal the decision, with a good chance of winning it.

So did play restart with a DFK to West Ham? Friend blew and signalled for one before Noble's challenge, so if the ball wasn't in play was he technically sent off for violent conduct?

no idea how it was even a booking, he was about a foot away from Ings!! no contact at all .... shameful

On first look - which is all WE ever get when we're out there remember - understandable. Body language of Noble - thinks he's been fouled, and doesn't realise he's got the free-kick - read like "I'm going to nail you" and Ings' reaction compounds this.

At the time of writing I can't see anything confirming what the FA have done, but I can see this sticking, purely because of the rules as they stand.

Happy to be corrected but I think it's still the case that the appealing side have to prove that no further action should have been taken to have the red overturned - i.e. it cannot be downgraded to a yellow, so it's all or nothing. If it was worthy of a yellow, the red stays. If not even a yellow, it is overturned.

Back