A&H

No really, I must be leaving

Brian Hamilton

RefChat Addict
Observer/Tutor
Last Friday refereed a "Challenge" match - that's the new name for friendlies between unaffiliated teams, charity games, etc.

Yesterday I lined a Women's League Trophy Final and then refereed the Women's League Cup Final.

I was asked to line a FAWPL game tomorrow but it's been postponed so I've been allocated to a Veteran's League game as referee instead.

Saturday, I'm lining for a Deaf League game.

Sunday, I'm 4th Official on a County Junior Final.

6 games in 10 days across 5 different types of football in 3 different roles. My bingo card is full and it's time to go.

Monday, I'm retired.

The Referee Store
I don't know if you have them @Brian Hamilton, but it would be great to see a summary of your career in numbers on Monday - games completed, middles/lines/4th, cards etc etc etc

You may even surprise yourself!

I'm missing the first 6 years when I was averaging about 15 games in the middle and 5 lines per season. At the rate of cautions and dismissals from that period, that would add probably another 225-250 cautions and 25 dismissals.

These also don't include any tournaments (that's a programme of games over a number of days, not a single day gala) and I've done about 15 of them.

Referee - 262
Assistant - 91
4th Official - 12
Dismissals - 81
Cautions - 649
Misconduct Reports - 25

I've never abandoned or been assaulted or been to a personal hearing for any of the dismissals.

@Brian Hamilton - we have the York League Cup finals in Monday 16th to Wednesday 18th.

Want an appointment? I can put a word in with the Committee!

Reactions: Kes
@Brian Hamilton - we have the York League Cup finals in Monday 16th to Wednesday 18th.

Want an appointment? I can put a word in with the Committee!
Thanks Andrew but I can't commit to anything for two weeks from May 16 as I've been summoned to serve as a juror for the local Coroner's Court. I'm hoping they'll let me go out to see Public Image Limited on the 2nd Wednesday at a local club :)

Thanks Andrew but I can't commit to anything for two weeks from May 16 as I've been summoned to serve as a juror for the local Coroner's Court. I'm hoping they'll let me go out to see Public Image Limited on the 2nd Wednesday at a local club :)

Oh, that old chestnut! :rolleyes:

:D

Back