A&H

No new kit 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach

Level 4 Referee
Just seen from A&H that Nike aren’t releasing a new kit for the new season. Might be a good time to renew your tired kit now while prices are a bit cheaper!

ED9D6CFD-8F40-4E25-B846-3B8A244FC954.jpeg

The Referee Store
and right on cue, an email from A&H about getting 'cup final kits'!

badged new shirt for £35, not too bad!

Nike are releasing a Grey colour but couldn't see the PGMOL taking that up tbh. Taken from this year's catalogue:

1582730330221.png

That gray is too close to black. If the gray was lighter, it would be a really good option for color vs color games (red vs black, red vs navy, blue vs gold, etc.). I don't really see why Nike decided a really dark gray was a good option.

Grey kit looks like it's just a well-used Black kit. They're all gross aren't they? Ugh.

I actually like the orange and purple ones. I'd have far fewer clashes with those where I normally officiate. One of the larger clubs in my hometown wears volt green, so my yellow and green kits (I'm a US referee, so our yellow and green are close to the Adidas colors) are rendered pretty much useless. My university alma mater's school color is orange, so it would be nice to wear my school color as an official as well.

I think the Nike kits are nicer than the Official Sports kits we wear in the US and the Adidas kits. I don't like the fake collar on the Adidas kits at all, and I do think referee kits should have a collar (which is why I'm not the biggest fan of the UEFA Macron kit design - I do like the colors, particularly the pink). Give me the Nike design with Macron's colors except maybe change the yellow for orange, and I'd be good.

Last edited:
At least many of you in the UK only need to get one color kit. In the US we have five standard colors. While yellow is the "primary" color, there is pressure to have all 5 to avoid conflicts. Only reason I can think of to have 5 colors is so USSF gets more money from OSI as its official supplier . . . .

At least many of you in the UK only need to get one color kit. In the US we have five standard colors. While yellow is the "primary" color, there is pressure to have all 5 to avoid conflicts. Only reason I can think of to have 5 colors is so USSF gets more money from OSI as its official supplier . . . .
OSI, making America Grate again!!!

New kit got released for my association this year with Legea. I think I'm going to go nuts with the longsleeve ones since it gets bloody freezing here (For Aus)

New kit got released for my association this year with Legea. I think I'm going to go nuts with the longsleeve ones since it gets bloody freezing here (For Aus)

The material on these shirts is so thin and breathable now that I usually wear long-sleeved shirts if I'm working multiple games during the day regardless of temperature (in most cases). I have a very fair complexion, so I wear the long sleeves for sun protection. I get a funny look or two if it's really warm, but I've never experienced any issues with feeling too hot while wearing sleeves in warm/hot weather. The one exception to this is that I won't wear long-sleeved black in hot weather. Even with the breathable material, the black still absorbs a lot of heat.

The material on these shirts is so thin and breathable now that I usually wear long-sleeved shirts if I'm working multiple games during the day regardless of temperature (in most cases). I have a very fair complexion, so I wear the long sleeves for sun protection. I get a funny look or two if it's really warm, but I've never experienced any issues with feeling too hot while wearing sleeves in warm/hot weather. The one exception to this is that I won't wear long-sleeved black in hot weather. Even with the breathable material, the black still absorbs a lot of heat.
I don't mind Legea actually. Have a LS playing shirt from Italy that I really like the material in, except for the collar because its like a turtleneck with bad material, but I can see the collars on our referee shirts seem to be more open and very different, so that's something I'm considering.

But, since we don't have a start date in Australia yet (Government has allowed July 1 for grassroots, pending guidelines for parents and players which haven't been decided yet, so it will be apparently at least 4 weeks from when they set these guidelines), I'm not sure when I'll need more than just one kit yet, so I'm just going to get our 1 set for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back