A&H

No card match?

JakeRef

Le meilleur arbitre jamais!
Level 4 Referee
I am often asked to do friendly matches for a local school and the guy who organises the matches says to me "No cards mate". So far I haven't needed to award a red card, but the matches are getting more intense and they are playing some of the best teams of the region and they play in the official highest league.

Im wondering, if a team has a fight or a obvious DOGSO and I don't give a red card, they could complain to the FFA about me not giving cards? I could get in trouble or not have matches The friendlies aren't related to the FFA at all...

And how should I tell the guy who organises the matches that I am giving cards now, if I should?

The Referee Store
If you don't allow me to carry out my duties in accordance with the Laws of The Game, I will be unable to referee further for you.

By him not asking you to issue cards, I should imagine the kids know this aswell, they'll feel they can get away with anything.

Obvious question before we go any further: Are these FA-sanctioned matches?

#lookafteryourself

Obvious question before we go any further: Are these FA-sanctioned matches?

#lookafteryourself

Friendlies at a local school? I'm guessing no.

Do school fixtures come under the FA umbrella? I know that the county champs, national champs etc do, but local fixtures between schools?

Mostly they do, hence asking the question. Look out for one another because nobody else will #humanitarian

Reactions: DB
If they're not officially sanctioned matches, and you're not officially appointed to them, then it's a bit of a poisoned chalice really.

I'd be telling the bloke to ram his opinion or get another referee.
In any event, you can issue cards during the game for match control purposes, but it will only impact on the match itself since there'll be no admin work relevant to it afterwards since it's not an official fixture. Rightly or wrongly, the fact is you could red card a kid for violent conduct, and he's still going to be pulling on his team's shirt for the next match. :confused:

If it isn't sanctioned by FW, then you shouldn't be wearing your FW gear. If thats the case then no you cannot get in trouble. If, however, you are wearing your FW gear when you aren't meant to be, then yes you will get in trouble.

During the various senior night series competitions, pre-season tournaments and even friendly matches, there have been a number of disappointing reports from various members of the football community present at these fixtures, including members of the Referees’ Technical Committee, Standing Committees...

This was the open letter email I got yesterday. I do wear my FW gear, because the guy asks me to wear it so the match seems more professional...

If that match isn't sanctioned by FW then you can't wear your FW gear, buy some different referee kits from a referee shop if you want to referee unsanctioned matches :p The reason behind not being allowed to wear your FW kit for unsanctioned matches is because then you're representing Football West and the FFA in a match that they are not sanctioning.

Back