A&H

No assistants

Trueman1991

Level 5 Referee
After a few weeks break I have 3 matches this weekend.

One of them will be for a league that has a rule of no CARs and NARs are only assigned to the top league, as such I'll be the only referee.

This is my first match for this league and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for calling everything myself.

As I'm the only referee I wont have to worry about keeping play between myself and the assistant.

Do you think I should move around the pitch more freely and not worry about what side of the pitch I end up on, or should I try to stick to normal procedure as much as possible?

I also feel it'd be good to get closer so I can call the line in / outs better, however I feel like I'll sacrifice width which would help with calling any potential offsides.

The Referee Store
Absolutely ludicrous not to have CARs available to give ball in and out of play decisions.

I've zero advice I'm afraid as I've never been in that position.

I often ref without CARs.
For me, I try keep as close to play as possible to see the touchlines and make credible decisions.
I guess off sides take a hit; but I cover this with managers and captains before the match.
I get wide for free kicks to ensure that if I do give an offside my positioning means there are rarely any questions as position is king lol

Absolutely ludicrous not to have CARs available to give ball in and out of play decisions.

I've zero advice I'm afraid as I've never been in that position.

Geez, 500+ games and I had assistants twice!!! Never ever an issue for me, it was always my call, that's it, ''play to my the whistle, i'l get most right, i'll get a few wrong, enjoy the game lads'....

I don't have CAR's and I prefer it that way. If they moan about anything just say "I'd love a linesman but I don't have any so ill give it my best shot from here".

Thanks all. I know they play without CARs week in week out so it will only be different for myself and hopefully they know referees cannot be everywhere at once

Show off your fitness

Take control of your own game

Tons of countries find the car concept bizarre and alien!!

Bear in mind, even if you get to premiership, as ref YOU call the shots anyway

Be fit and get wide

Use positioning, man magagement, and credibilty

Mental block on offsides!!! Why!!! Its really not that imposing!!

Thanks all. I know they play without CARs week in week out so it will only be different for myself and hopefully they know referees cannot be everywhere at once

Absolutely no chance, they'll expect you to get them all right but that's life as a ref.

In my game last week one player said I'd killed them because I allowed a goal. Long ball from one half so I'm looking at the defender, then I have to turn around and scan the whole back line. You explain this and some accept it and some whinge so I just say that we disagree and that's ok and we carry on

Show off your fitness

Take control of your own game

Tons of countries find the car concept bizarre and alien!!

Bear in mind, even if you get to premiership, as ref YOU call the shots anyway

Be fit and get wide

Use positioning, man magagement, and credibilty

Mental block on offsides!!! Why!!! Its really not that imposing!!
Thanks, thinking about it refereeing without any assistants will give me better understanding and confidence so I can call the shots better when I do have CARs / NARs

Geez, 500+ games and I had assistants twice!!! Never ever an issue for me, it was always my call, that's it, ''play to my the whistle, i'l get most right, i'll get a few wrong, enjoy the game lads'....

You've had CARs twice? Seriously?! I've never not had them when I was 7 to 5 or now when I'm reffing on Sundays!

Back