A&H

NLD

The Referee Store
Genuine attempt for the ball. Granted a very bad one, but he was trying to get the ball. So can't really be SPA, but you could easily argue reckless. Had he made contact with the higher of his legs it could have been SFP and a bath.

250 games into his club career and still can't tackle, send Gary Neville into one of his rants … :)

Thought Martin Atkinson was superb today overall, unbelievable tempo to the game five minutes of stoppage time end to end and he was brilliant.

Unbelievable that he never booked Xhaka wasn't booked for the penalty incident mind.

Last edited:
I'd have said Xhaka's challenge for the penalty was reckless.

The offside goal was an interesting one. It sounded to me like Atkinson had blown the whistle fractionally before the ball
had gone in (could be wrong) but VAR seemed to spend a fair amount of time looking at it so presumably would have given a goal if it had been onside.

Genuine attempt for the ball.
What should I do if I think it was an attempt to play the ball but it wasn't genuine ;)

32 fouls in the game and Xhaka committed 7 of them. Granted he got a caution for the last one but that was for SPA, but I'd be picking up a L4 referee for a player getting away with that number of fouls before PI kicks in.
When was the last time you saw a "PO" caution in EPL?

I agree that Xhaka's tackle for the penalty was reckless. I think he's lucky that he had already come back down to ground and 'only' made contact with Son's foot - two inches higher and I would have said red.

Two cautions for Spurs for kicking the ball away. None for Arsenal for doing it twice in between. Other that that I thought he let the game play out well.

Kane, Penalty?

not sure how Winks managed to avoid a 2nd yellow, after his little handbags on the sideline.

personally i thought he was not at fault there at all and was just trying to get out of the way. the only aggression came from the arsenal player who rightly got booked

personally i thought he was not at fault there at all and was just trying to get out of the way. the only aggression came from the arsenal player who rightly got booked
His only "crime" was trying to get the ball off the Arsenal player who was attempting to delay the restart by holding onto the ball. Not sure I'd be rushing to see that as C1 (AA) :rolleyes:

With the offside goal VAR review - I know that they may have to draw out the lines etc but it was very clear that it was offside, yet the game was held up whilst they were drawing and then re-drawing the line to get it spot on - struck me as completely unnecessary.

With the offside goal VAR review - I know that they may have to draw out the lines etc but it was very clear that it was offside, yet the game was held up whilst they were drawing and then re-drawing the line to get it spot on - struck me as completely unnecessary.

yeah it annoyed me, you needed one glance at a replay to confirm the offside decision. all for protocol, but it was blindingly obvious

A bit disappointing that Kane wasn't booked for his clear simulation, he did it against Newcastle too. He gets close and then throws himself between the defender and the ball, feet together as he dolphin-dives to the floor. Embarrassing.

not sure how Winks managed to avoid a 2nd yellow, after his little handbags on the sideline.

He didnt do anything apart from tried to take a quick throw inn. it was the other loon ball from Arsenal who was all over him.

Last edited:
Back