A&H

NLD

JH

RefChat Addict
Here we go then.

Offside for Kane penalty:
There seems to be no disagreement with it should have been offside. Kane was in an offside position, but had he interfered with play before he was barged over? I'm not so sure. Secondly I hate it when the BT Sport pundits are saying 'that's a simple decision', from personal experience, offsides where there are multiple players borderline offside are the hardest, from the freeze-frame, the assistant could not see Arsenal's second-last man due to Spurs players blocking his view, at that point it is a guess. Under-appreciation for the difficulty of an assistant referee's task.

Aubameyang penalty:
For me this is an incorrect decision, in real time (all the referee has), it looked nailed on. In slow-mo there is no contact from the challenge Sanchez makes and I don't think it was a penalty.

Torreira red card:
100% nailed on red. Endangered the safety of his opponent, exposed studs connected high up the shin. Again, the BT pundits have embarrassed themselves here. Some of the things they said included: 'It wasn't even a challenge, it was a pass', 'It's a london derby', 'there's no intent or malice', 'he got the ball'. You get the picture, then fans take their word as gospel and you wonder why on Saturdays and Sundays players shout 'but he got the ball' after almost breaking someone's leg...

Rose yellow card:
Not sure how to feel about this one. Rose follows up a loose ball and lands studs on Leno's chest. Leno had put himself down to the ground to collect the ball. Taylor went yellow. Anybody think it deserved more?

The Referee Store
Kane - offside. He has made 2 players go to contest for the ball because of his (offside) presence. The ball is just by him when contact is made. So interfering.

Auba - no penalty

Torreira - quality tackle.

Rose - should have been booked first half for a dive. Got away with that. Yellow was probably fair. But if the referee sends off Torreira, he should have sent off Rose.

I think you can make a case that Kane hadn't interfered yet. It's borderline and possibly unexpected but I don't think it's wrong

Kane - offside. He has made 2 players go to contest for the ball because of his (offside) presence. The ball is just by him when contact is made. So interfering.

Influencing players' positions is not interfering as per the laws of the game.

The Kane offside call was the very essence of 'challenging' was it not? He was challenging before he was pushed and therefore the offside offence occurred before the push.

After the Anthony Taylor/Ashley Barnes debacle from a couple of weeks back, I would have thought this would have been the simplest caution in the world for AT but yet again when a player showed dissent towards his assistant he failed to act. When his assistant awarded a Spurs goal kick sometime in the first half, Arsenals 29 sarcastically applauded the decision. No action was taken, very disappointing to see.

You’re joking right?

He is sliding on the floor before he gets there - not a lunge.

He is in control of his movement and actions and has played the ball, that being as a pass to Mkhitaryan - not reckless.

No excessive force and hasn't endangered anyone's safety.

If that's a Red. Rose should have also had a red for his part in it as well.

He is in control of his movement and actions and has played the ball, that being as a pass to Mkhitaryan - not reckless.

Wow!. He nearly took his knee off. If that happens in my game... :redcard:

Not be playing on with a few of these by the sounds of it..... Glad I was drinking Guinness and not having to judge??

If he’s in control of his actions that’s even worse as you’re suggesting he intended to catch Rose half way up his shin with his studs! Can I assume you’re an Arsenal fan?

‘Quality tackle’

Attachments

• 25D99A75-7ED9-4151-AD3D-EE1F2F59E380.png
    25D99A75-7ED9-4151-AD3D-EE1F2F59E380.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 25
  • EF285A9B-71D0-4CE8-91D2-B65F6C8ECCA3.png
    EF285A9B-71D0-4CE8-91D2-B65F6C8ECCA3.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 24
Offside for Kane penalty:
There seems to be no disagreement with it should have been offside. Kane was in an offside position, but had he interfered with play before he was barged over? I'm not so sure.

Only seen MoTD.

I think the foul occurs before the offside. On Twitter, Mark Halsey thinks it is offside because he's interfering by challenging for the ball and is looking to gain an advantage. Which, seems to be old terminology.

In my view he is barged in the back before the ball even becomes playable, so penalty.

Aubameyang penalty:
For me this is an incorrect decision, in real time (all the referee has), it looked nailed on. In slow-mo there is no contact from the challenge Sanchez makes and I don't think it was a penalty.

I couldn't see anything in it either.

Torreira red card:
100% nailed on red.

Yep.

Rose yellow card:
Not sure how to feel about this one. Rose follows up a loose ball and lands studs on Leno's chest. Leno had put himself down to the ground to collect the ball. Taylor went yellow. Anybody think it deserved more?

Yeah, I suppose strictly speaking, straight red as it's PIADM? Well, it's SFP anyway since it endangers the safety of the opponent, studs to the chest is pretty nasty. I can understand why the referee wouldn't want to do that though, it looks on the lesser side of a red card (which sounds stupid now that I type that out...)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought Xhaka should have been sent off for his tackle on Kane early on too.

I was pretty miffed that was missed. That was pretty clear, so I can only assume the referee got his angles wrong because if he had spotted that I don't see how he wouldn't be giving as minimum a free kick and caution, though I'd have gone red myself.

Only seen MoTD.

I think the foul occurs before the offside. On Twitter, Mark Halsey thinks it is offside because he's interfering by challenging for the ball and is looking to gain an advantage. Which, seems to be old terminology.

In my view he is barged in the back before the ball even becomes playable, so penalty.

This is clearly a penalty before an offside offense occurs. I remain mystified at how out of touch retired referees are with the modern interpretations when they make a living on TV.

This is clearly a penalty before an offside offense occurs. I remain mystified at how out of touch retired referees are with the modern interpretations when they make a living on TV.
According to Alan Shearer PGMOL have confirmed otherwise.
I cant decide if he is challenging for the ball or not.

According to Alan Shearer PGMOL have confirmed otherwise.
I cant decide if he is challenging for the ball or not.
Mark Halsey has also said the PGMOL said it should have been offside. I'm not sure sure.

Can you be challenging for the ball when the ball is still 10 yards away?
Maybe semantics, but it says challenging an opponent for the ball, was Kane not challenging an opponent, for the ball that was headed his way? I seriously and right down the middle here and feel it could be argued both ways.

Maybe semantics, but it says challenging an opponent for the ball, was Kane not challenging an opponent, for the ball that was headed his way? I seriously and right down the middle here and feel it could be argued both ways.

So it other words, he's about to challenge an opponent for the ball? He's getting ready to but hasn't yet because the ball hasn't arrived. Because if we're saying he's challenging an opponent for the ball when the ball is still 10 yards away, then the flag should really be going up anytime the ball is heading in the general direction of an offside player who's near an opponent. But we all know that's not the case.

Back