A&H

Nike 18 retail date?

The Referee Store
Do you know are we using Nike 16-18 or 18-20 kits this season on Finland? Because those sold at Stadium look pretty much like the 16-18 version.

Do you know are we using Nike 16-18 or 18-20 kits this season on Finland? Because those sold at Stadium look pretty much like the 16-18 version.
There are a few differences between them, the biggest being the colours... I guess some people will buy the 16 as that's what Stadium have now... But I'd rather order the 18 and get them ASAP... I think 1.6...?

I don't know the official policy...

And I see they are selling colour coordinated stockings (OK, socks) as well. Does anyone know, for those CFA's that have authorised an alternative colour shirt, whether we should have matching legwear as well?

And I see they are selling colour coordinated stockings (OK, socks) as well. Does anyone know, for those CFA's that have authorised an alternative colour shirt, whether we should have matching legwear as well?
That’s nothing new for the Nike kits but without a further change to FA referee regs they won’t be seen here.

Isn’t it normally available after the fa cup final over here?

Where do you stand on referee shirt colour? I actually had to wear a bib lastnite as I clashed with a dark navy kit.

I know black is not the most popular team kit colour but if it was to happen again it’d be nice to have a funky yellow or red shirt in the bag.

Even if 3 or 4 players from the same side politely approached you during the first 10 mins & said we’re mistaking you for own team ref?

Even if 3 or 4 players from the same side politely approached you during the first 10 mins & said we’re mistaking you for own team ref?
We arent allowed to debate wearing a bib or not.

Fact is our county FAs, bar some, only allow us to wear black... so whose fault is it if their kit clashes?

This was a vets match which was played in good spirits & wasn’t quite as strict from the outset like a Sunday or Saturday, roll on subs etc.

I was taken aback when first asked I thought it was a wind up but then it sunk in after a few said it so I thought yeah no probs I’m not changing my shirt but if you’ve got a bib I’ll wear it.

I won’t be so quick to do it on a wknd but the game was played in a friendly spirit no aggro less stress than a wknd so I thought yeah why not.

Where do you stand on referee shirt colour?

My league rules prohibit teams from wearing predominantly black colours, so I'd make them change. :p And report it to the League. If they didn't have a spare kit, I'd play the game tbh, as it's for the league to sort out. I'd bring it up at the Ref's society too, so others are aware.

This was a vets match which was played in good spirits & wasn’t quite as strict from the outset like a Sunday or Saturday, roll on subs etc.

I was taken aback when first asked I thought it was a wind up but then it sunk in after a few said it so I thought yeah no probs I’m not changing my shirt but if you’ve got a bib I’ll wear it.

I won’t be so quick to do it on a wknd but the game was played in a friendly spirit no aggro less stress than a wknd so I thought yeah why not.

All it needs is someone to stitch you up for this and you are looking at getting suspended. Teams cannot wear black or dark blue kit, so the only answer here is make them change.

Would a team have 10 bibs? If so make them change. If they have no alternative surely the spirit of the game clause comes into effect and common sense should be used. I was told officially only ever to where black but then told unoffficially if you have a spare coloured top in your bag and there is a clash use that. At Grass roots level this seems a sensible option if needed. Black nike ref socks Sports Direct £7.50 at the mo and there was an extra 20% off as well.

Where do you stand on referee shirt colour? I actually had to wear a bib lastnite as I clashed with a dark navy kit.

I know black is not the most popular team kit colour but if it was to happen again it’d be nice to have a funky yellow or red shirt in the bag.

If your county doesn’t allow you to wear a shirt colour other than black the only option is to tell the teams to change.

If your county doesn’t allow you to wear a shirt colour other than black the only option is to tell the teams to change.

So it’s down to your county?

I’m with one county & ref in another.

Would a team have 10 bibs? If so make them change. If they have no alternative surely the spirit of the game clause comes into effect and common sense should be used. I was told officially only ever to where black but then told unoffficially if you have a spare coloured top in your bag and there is a clash use that. At Grass roots level this seems a sensible option if needed. Black nike ref socks Sports Direct £7.50 at the mo and there was an extra 20% off as well.

At a gets game it's highly unlikely that they will have 10 bibs or a change of kit! Common sense surely dictates that you just stick a bib on and carry on. It would be ridiculous for a low lever vets game to be cancelled because of a trivial thing like sticking a bib on. Yes, league rules probably state that a ref should only wear black but if it's a genuine mistake at a really low level game then common sense should apply in my book. We are all there for a game of footy at the end of the day at that level of football

Back