A&H

Next Season's Aspirations...

1. Relaxing and enjoying refereeing more, not be obsessed with impressing everyone
2. Being more tactical in foul detection and whistling, to aid match control (or rather not lose match control, frankly said)
3. Adapting to the LOTG amendments.

The Referee Store
tell us where you had it last @SM ... when I loose something the missus always tells me to 'retrace' my steps ... she hasn't clocked on that I always 'loose' stuff in the pub! :p:D

Mine is most definitely communication with players and technical areas from the middle. I have always been very vocal but sometimes to the point I think I have inflamed a situation, staying quiet or giving a look may have a better overall effect. It is then striking the balance when being quiet yet effective but then imposing myself when needed.

Maintaining current levels of fitness and diet is critical, currently passing all fitness tests and feeling good during games.

Hehe, I'm at a crossroads in my refereeing career, I've bought the tee shirt to coin a phrase... Never applied for any promotion, ever, never been assessed, ever, done probably 500+ games over the last 10 years, had some great highs and a few lows. It was never about money, although I rarely do it for nothing (charity games). My son is about to jump on the horse so it may be time to see how he gets on, it's hard to say I'm fully retired because I still see myself as the go to ref when everybody doesn't fancy team knob v team knob...it's been funny and scary at times but I go into this next season with little or no appetite for it unlike previous seasons... A few referee friends have passed away recently so it's sombering thinking that your health is important and your family should always come first...

Back