A&H

Jmorley

A level 8 referee looking to smash expectations!
Hi all,

I am Jacob, a youth referee operating under Sussex County FA.
I started refereeing in January. My course began 3 days ensuing my birthday, which was lucky.

I have a lot of experience in the Arun & Chichester Youth Football League but have also worked in the Sussex Sunday Youth League.
I have run the line for a U18 School's Match in Brighton, which gave me a great insight into open aged football, I just have to wait until my 16th to take on the whistle in such a fixture.
I also have experience with Brighton & Hove Albion's academy. Having worked on U10 Girls, U13 Boys and am listed as a season-long official for the U14 Girls.
When working at the academy I tend to dress smartly, in a shirt and tie. However, all other matches I turn up in a tracksuit and operate in the teal referee's shirt.

I find that the players I referee question my age a lot, and are very surprised when I respond "14".
For a level 8 referee, I find managers really enjoy my style and are usually very pleased with my performances. I enjoy the satisfaction of refereeing certain teams often as the managers learn who I am and I make a name for myself with them. I am an extremely vocal referee and believe I show confidence on the pitch to attain a high level of match control.
I use an app called RefSix, which links to my watch. I use it to time my matches and on it, I can keep the score on it which is simple and quicker than using a book.
It enables me to see my performance, a heat map showing where I was the most within the confines of the pitch and other fitness tracking capabilities.

I attended last seasons Eve of Final Rally and got to meet the 5 officials of the 2017 FA Cup Final. Anthony Taylor and Bobby Madley were the 'main attraction' in my opinion. Bobby is a very comedic figure and I can't wait to attend the 2018 Eve of Final Rally.

I look forward to discussing the activity I enjoy the most with all you enthusiasts, and I may one day be working with you at matches and tournaments in the future:

Jacob M

The Referee Store
Brilliant!
I am kinda envious. I am from Brighton originally and dream of returning "home" and doing some games one day. I flew in for the Liverpool game at the Amex the other week. I played in a Brighton Boys under-11 game in about 1984 - ha! It was all fields! I was very nervous as it was like a trial and I blew it - aw;)

Anyway, I digress. Well done and good luck.

Brilliant!
I am kinda envious. I am from Brighton originally and dream of returning "home" and doing some games one day. I flew in for the Liverpool game at the Amex the other week. I played in a Brighton Boys under-11 game in about 1984 - ha! It was all fields! I was very nervous as it was like a trial and I blew it - aw;)

Anyway, I digress. Well done and good luck.

Hello santa sangria,

I too went to the fixture between Brighton and Hove Albion and Liverpool Football Club, a triumphant 5-1 win to the Liverpudlians.
It is all very different now, compared to 1984, I am sure of it. As Brighton & HA have a brand new £32M training facility. It is a pleasure to referee there, especially with so much expected of you it's fantastic when you can go beyond their demands.

Jacob M

Welcome Jacob, especially to another Sussex FA ref! One note - no need for the bold greeting and signature on every post, we're not that formal on this forum!

Back