A&H

New Referee!!

Zimmyman

Ok it’s my third time on here !! Great site by the way ! Right I’m doing my basic course in August ! I will have to get in five games as a trainee ref !! But I’m going to
Lose 3 weeks due to holiday commitments my question is can I do double games to make this time up ? What if I only manage 3 games say? Can one continue to ref at youth level as a trainee should i not get in my games by callback IE I would I assume have to wait for another date to do my exam ! I’m beginning to stress ! And that’s before I’ve started lol
Cheers guys advice would be great

The Referee Store
Exam/Seminar evenings are frequent during the playing season, so I don't understand the 'stress'
Fitness is probably the only thing that would stop you covering more than one game. All Youth Leagues (excluding Academy type) are short of refs, so you ought to be able to get games. From memory, your games must be at least 9v9 and must apply the offside Law

Ok it’s my third time on here !! Great site by the way ! Right I’m doing my basic course in August ! I will have to get in five games as a trainee ref !! But I’m going to
Lose 3 weeks due to holiday commitments my question is can I do double games to make this time up ? What if I only manage 3 games say? Can one continue to ref at youth level as a trainee should i not get in my games by callback IE I would I assume have to wait for another date to do my exam ! I’m beginning to stress ! And that’s before I’ve started lol
Cheers guys advice would be great
I did my full five games but half my course class didnt do their five games with my friend @JamieA doing 0 out of 5 and our local Fa didnt real care if it was or wasnt done so long as you pass the exam. I wouldnt stress too much mate

How long between the course date & the call back for the exam?

I had 2 months between taking the course & being called back for the exam giving me 8 weeks to complete 5 games, I’d done around 16 games by the time I sat the exam.

I did my full five games but half my course class didnt do their five games with my friend @JamieA doing 0 out of 5 and our local Fa didnt real care if it was or wasnt done so long as you pass the exam. I wouldnt stress too much mate
That’s good to hear I want to try and do them but it’s goid to know I might have some leeway cheers maybe I won’t be stressed out so much lol

Don’t stress it’s not like sitting an exam to become a brain surgeon (& I know exactly what that’s like) generally tutors are really down to earth & helpful so I’m sure you’ll be fine don’t fret just have a chat with them.

That’s good to hear I want to try and do them but it’s goid to know I might have some leeway cheers maybe I won’t be stressed out so much lol
Even if you do have the leeway mate you should try and do as many as possible you never know it may help you stand out compared to others too lazy to find games however dont stress its mainly helping you get to grips with the Job

Even if you do have the leeway mate you should try and do as many as possible you never know it may help you stand out compared to others too lazy to find games however dont stress its mainly helping you get to grips with the Job
Oh yes I do really want to do those games it’s just that I lose 3 weeks of my eight due to holiday it gives me around 5 weeks to get them in !!! It’s just if I was to only manage 3-4 would I have the leeway? I’m right up for doing them I’ve just done two seasons doing home games as just a parent ref which I loved hence the doing the basic course thanks for your reply

Oh yes I do really want to do those games it’s just that I lose 3 weeks of my eight due to holiday it gives me around 5 weeks to get them in !!! It’s just if I was to only manage 3-4 would I have the leeway? I’m right up for doing them I’ve just done two seasons doing home games as just a parent ref which I loved hence the doing the basic course thanks for your reply
no problem mate that's what the site is here for dont forget to use us all on here for guidance or a chat about your refereeing career however far and long it goes😆 Happy Carding

Back