A&H

'New' player behaviour rules

The Referee Store
As implemented jointly by the Premier League, FL and the FA. The fact that the BBC thinks all of these are totally new concepts worries me.

I though exactly the same when I read the article. Particularly worrying that the article lists "offensive, insulting or abusive language/gestures" as both a yellow and a red card offence!!!!

Wonder if there'll be any penalties or free kicks for dissent :D

Nobody in PL sent off for OFINABUS in last 5 years - incredible. Wayne and Vardy will hopefully be made early examples of.

I reckon there'll be a load. In August/September.

Then the managers will complain that referees are ruining the game.

And it will be dropped

You mean there'll be one and the managers will complain......then it'll be dropped.

Hmmm, we all complain bitterly about the lack of example set by those at the top of the game. Then a positive new initiative is launched (to much publicity) that has the potential to improve things. And it gets dismissed (pun intended :)) even before kick off :))). Cynical bunch aren't we? :rolleyes:

Hmmm, we all complain bitterly about the lack of example set by those at the top of the game. Then a positive new initiative is launched (to much publicity) that has the potential to improve things. And it gets dismissed (pun intended :)) even before kick off :))). Cynical bunch aren't we? :rolleyes:

I'm actually hoping it's real! Message from our training from IFA in new laws was to take no :poop: and that, for example, socks etc and colour are not covered by ' spirit of the game.' The example for that was would you really stop an u11 game for no corner flags!!!!

I was a big critic of the respect campaign when it first came out as my view was it needed to start from the top. It seems they are now planning this, so rather than poo poo and be glass half full, surely we should give it a chance and see what happens?

I don't actually think the English game has that much of a problem anyway, certainly not compared with other countries. PL referees here seem to have far more respect shown towards them than other European countries, you only need to watch Spanish games to see a real problem of referees surrounding officials and abusing them. I'm not saying it is perfect in England as it isn't, but equally I don't think it is as bad has been made out. Likewise everyone seems to single out Rooney as being a big offender, but speak to PL referees and they will tell you that these days he is a good captain to deal with as he is sensible and reacts well to talking. Yes, 8-10 years ago he was a nightmare but we aren't refereeing 8-10 years ago.

This is pretty much like my new year's resolution (new season resolution) of loosing pounds. It lasts for a week (round) and that's the end of it.

Back