A&H

Netherlands V Ireland under 17s KFTPM

Goldfish

Hi
Knew it was always going to happen. Goalkeeper sent off for encroachment on save on 5th penalty kick. Already on a caution during the game. Centre half had to go into goal. Movement was limited yet it was there.

The Referee Store
Which team

Ireland keeper just seen it, harsh big call.

Here is vid.

Another example of atrocious commentary. Aside from that I think it was very harsh. But the AR threw the referee under the bus and left him with lose lose decision to make. Technically correct but 99 out of 100 of that much encroachment (if there was any) is ignored as trifling.

On a side note, did the replacement keeper have to swap jersey with the sent off goalkeeper?

A second side note, what do you instruct your ARs in KFTPM? I give them ball in/out only. Keeper encroachment is mine. And I stand in line with the 6 yard line.

All depends on that pre match but miked up and with buzzers and of course being able to talk, the moment the AR flags, the ref is stuck. We dont know how many times the gk has been warned tho?, But no way would I want that flag from an AR and no way would I flag as an AR
Jersey, I would be ok with replacement gk in his outfield top.
My prematch is, unless the gk and the kicker high five each other in passing ( which is then so obv that even as ref i can see it) then just focus on ball in out

Lino head in Shame dear god above if ever you need to just keep your bloody flag down.

I stood where he was last month nearly every kick the keeper came off the line early, I’ll happily leave that to the ref, I’ve got one job and one job only ball over the line.

Wow. That is harsh. I agree that 99/100 that will not get called. Looked like he stepped off then put his left foot back on the line as he dove. His right was off but not by much. I agree with One.

I also noticed the jersey thing. No need really. As the game has technically concluded I do not believe that it is necessary to have the GK in a different jersey from the field players

I have worked with many other referees and everyone seems to have a different opinion on how they want the AR to handle these. I have seen/heard/been told
1. If you see it, flag it. If I call it, but you didn't flag, that looks terrible
2. If you think GK went early, switch hands with your flag and I'll call it
3. If you think GK went early, step onto the field wholly to communicate it

I have also heard the general direction that "call it only if it is blatant or obvious".

Tough one here. I personally like the combo.... if it is blatant/obvious, flag it. That is what the AR is there for but like a PK during the game.... better be certain

Be interested to see a close up replay of every pen taken before that one?

Because if I was the Ireland gaffer I’d have it on super slow mo & be ready to go to war.

Just on that, it sesms Martin O Neil came on the park to confront the officials at the end
Double whammy if he was guilty of misconduct, given he should not be there?

I wonder what the directive has been to the officials pre-tournament. Have they been briefed on clamping down on certain things and this being one of them? Just a thought.

As for the shirt change, of course he has to change his shirt. He cant just go in goal with a green shirt on irrelevant of time of match, last kick or anything else. Surprised that some are surprised by that?

I wonder what the directive has been to the officials pre-tournament. Have they been briefed on clamping down on certain things and this being one of them? Just a thought.

As for the shirt change, of course he has to change his shirt. He cant just go in goal with a green shirt on irrelevant of time of match, last kick or anything else. Surprised that some are surprised by that?

Why on the shirt? Common sense?
Where or how can there be a clash and at grass roots, are you really going to demand an outfield player puts on someone elses sweaty dirty, possibly blood stained shirt!? ( yes am assuming the team have one gk top, and even if they have a second its in the changing room five min walk away)
A bib, maybe

Why on the shirt? Common sense?
Where or how can there be a clash and at grass roots, are you really going to demand an outfield player puts on someone elses sweaty dirty, possibly blood stained shirt!? ( yes am assuming the team have one gk top, and even if they have a second its in the changing room five min walk away)
A bib, maybe

This is not grass roots this is a UEFA European Championship. If the shirt was blood stained he wouldnt be wearing it, dirty and sweaty oh well. LOTG state that a goalkeeper wears a colour that is distingsuishable from the other players and referee. It doesnt say unless its the last kick of KFTPM does it?

Sorry but common sense does not come into when you are refereeing in a European Championship. Had he allowed him to keep his green shirt on he would have been hammered by the observer.

You cannot force anybody to put on a shirt someone else has been wearing!
And we are commenting on whether we at grass roots would flag, or expect an AR to flag, making the op relevant to the majority of us on here?
If we are bring exact, the replacement gk would need to change socks too (if you are referring to this fifa example )

I can see how this has been given . The keeper makes two very obvious forward steps. They almost seem exaggerated.
That said, the distance travelled and the starting position when the ball is kicked is very very close to the line making this a very trifling offence and the keeper can consider himself hard done by.
I would imagine that similar to offside the ball considered as kicked at the first contact? Making this a very close run thing.
Regarding change of shirt... I think at this level it is the right thing to do. However, grassroots, bit of common sense should prevail.

Be interested to see a close up replay of every pen taken before that one?

Based on this clip alone it seems that the keeper has quite a specific style, almost running 2-3 steps forward before making his dive. I'd be interested to see if he'd followed this same practice on previous kicks and, of course, how the opposition keeper did.

You cannot force anybody to put on a shirt someone else has been wearing!
And we are commenting on whether we at grass roots would flag, or expect an AR to flag, making the op relevant to the majority of us on here?
If we are bring exact, the replacement gk would need to change socks too (if you are referring to this fifa example )
Tbh it doesnt look forced. Secondly, this is international football so I am surprised there wasnt a clean un numbered jersey available in the dugout in case original became blood stained.

Back