A&H

Neil Warnock

svenny76

RefChat Addict
Is this bloke the biggest **** in the game??!!!

I don't know how the bloke can argue with those decisions today, and his reaction to the officials after the game happens time and time again.

RESPECT, don't make me laugh FA!!

Well that's my Sunday morning rant over, I'm off to church

The Referee Store
I used to really like him and was gutted when he left the prem last time, but now!!

What would happen if we started to react or talk to managers in that way!!

Could you imagine a ref saying to his assistant "don't shake his hand" after the game? There would be uproar!

With regards to the second yellow card, he did not even argue that it shouldn't have been a card - merely that he thought the Chelsea players influenced him. He had a top game and got all the big decisions right in my view.

Not for nothing is he known as Colin...
[hint for those in the dark: what is an appropriate anagram of Neil Warnock?].

Also, he is famously a qualified referee and is therefore the patron of all those who we meet each week who helpfully start their sentences with "I'm a qualified referee and..." so that we know in advance that we can ignore whatever nonsense comes out of their mouths.

He had a point with the John Terry foul, however even Delaney's first caution straight after was justifiable for one of three reasons. Admittedly the third is the "weakest" of them all but still feasible.

1: It wasn't the first foul made by the player. Persistent Infringement?
2: The player was called over but initially refused and cameras picked up a lot of verbals - Dissent perhaps? Incidentally the radio summariser suggested this very point.
3: John Terry's foul was the high-water mark. The point where enough is enough and the next foul is a caution to put a lid on it.

@Tealeaf - i was speaking to a work colleague about this yesterday....for me, when Delaney got his first booking, that'd been followed by a 2nd straight away - clearly telling ht eref to 'dont speak to me' and caught on camera....off you go matey!

I came across a little gem in the county handbook that listed misconduct charges. I thought it referred to false names only, but refusing to give a name is also a misconduct charge with a hefty penalty. It used to be around £15 on top of the fine for the caution/sending off.

Nowadays if a player refuses to give a name I let him know that the fine for not giving it is more than the caution alone. Is it worth it? Name usually follows.

Never liked him. Don't rate him as a manager or a person. His team deserved to lose, there were some 'controversial decisions', and its all the referees fault... Grow up. Don't even get me started on Gary Monk...

Back