A&H

NED v ARG

The Referee Store
I am not enjoying how Lahuz is being portrayed here. It reads like he dosn't know how to referee. Anyone here has tried swimming with their hands tied behind their back? He is in a position of dammed if you do dammed if you don't. Yes he didn't do this and he didn't do that. From the games we have had so far this has been clearly the most difficult. No one knows how any other referee in his position would have done. Anyone remembers Webb only yellow carding a studs up karate kick to the chest?

I am not enjoying how Lahuz is being portrayed here. It reads like he dosn't know how to referee. Anyone here has tried swimming with their hands tied behind their back? He is in a position of dammed if you do dammed if you don't. Yes he didn't do this and he didn't do that. From the games we have had so far this has been clearly the most difficult. No one knows how any other referee in his position would have done. Anyone remembers Webb only yellow carding a studs up karate kick to the chest?
I mean from what I've seen, it's been the hardest game of the tournament surely?

Reactions: one
I agree, he would argue his match control has been thwarted by the FIFA directive keep 11 v 11.

I've just started watching, heard that Lahoz has been overly picky off commentary, anyone able to fill me in?
If you're watching in the UK, Pearce has been chirping away at him since about 20 minutes, and at the time it was unfair. It's been a pretty rough game and his tolerance level was really good early on.

But since about 70', he's let a few go (mostly been from Messi!), given a few harsh yellows and made a complete hash of a mass con on 90' that should have had an ARG player off. I think his concentration went when it looked like Argentine were just going to win comfortably and he had a really poor half hour going into the final whistle.

If you're watching in the UK, Pearce has been chirping away at him since about 20 minutes, and at the time it was unfair. It's been a pretty rough game and his tolerance level was really good early on.

But since about 70', he's let a few go (mostly been from Messi!), given a few harsh yellows and made a complete hash of a mass con on 90' that should have had an ARG player off. I think his concentration went when it looked like Argentine were just going to win comfortably and he had a really poor half hour going into the final whistle.
Yep, UK viewer, but not the first time I've heard commentary lay into refs unfairly this tournament.

From what I can gather from watching Lahoz, he's a no **** ref, so surprised that this has come up, but as people are saying about the FIFA directive, it's a rough game. Looking forward to these highlights...

Back