A&H

My game today

refdave83

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
Did an U14 game today. For some reason I thought they played 40min each half but should be 35min.

I heard the manger say "how long we playing ref" I look at my watch and we had about a min to go till 40min in 1st half. They approach me at half time - we have a joke about it and agree I messed up and plan to play 35min second half.

Then a dad says I can't as they have to be two equal half's. I play the 35min and no one complains.

Who was right???

The Referee Store
Technically you should have played 40mins, but it was a honest mistake and both teams seem like they appreciated that so I probably would have played the 35 in the second half too with their approval.

Iirc you were correct to play 35 minutes. Regardless if the fact you played too long in the first half.

Right in law? He is, both halves to have to be of equal time.

In a game I've done before, thought it was 35 but it should've been 30. I blagged my way at half time by saying it was for added time due to injuries etc, and I did know the times. Got out of it, and no one knew better. I did play 30 in the second half, so I would've done what you did

well it should go in your match report if you want to be squeaky clean

Back