A&H

My first game

Rory

Level 7 Referee
i had a late night txt msg asking if I could ref a game on Saturday morning in the jpl before I thought about it I said yes this was my first game since I had qualified as a ref i was a bit nervous before hand but I just took a deep breath and went for it my first mistake was we was playing 4 twenty minutes and at the end of the first twenty to end it I only blew the whistle once so the players did not know what was going on then the game was going ok but I also noticed I was caught in the middle of play a couple of times but I suppose the more I ref the more I will learn wear to be in the last quarter there was a tackle that I should of given a free kick for I admitted my mistake to the manger after the game that I should of given a free kick should I have done that ?? But for my first game it did not go to bad

The Referee Store
Well done on your first game mate.

You're already on the right track by reflecting on it.

For admitting mistakes it depends entirely on the environment / vibe (if you know what I mean).

For JPL which I presume will be an academy and for you being a new ref I can't really see any problems especially if it was only a free kick and not penalty / goal or no goal.

If your biggest mistake was a free kick you've had a good game by the sounds of it.

Here's to many more.

Well done on your first game mate.

You're already on the right track by reflecting on it.

For admitting mistakes it depends entirely on the environment / vibe (if you know what I mean).

For JPL which I presume will be an academy and for you being a new ref I can't really see any problems especially if it was only a free kick and not penalty / goal or no goal.

If your biggest mistake was a free kick you've had a good game by the sounds of it.

Here's to many more.
I have 3 more games tomorrow two under 9s and a under 14 so hopefully I will not make to many mistakes

You'll always be learning and always be critical of yourself. You'll make mistakes and working out how to not make them again is what helps you improve.

You'll always be learning and always be critical of yourself. You'll make mistakes and working out how to not make them again is what helps you improve.
I think the main thing is I enjoyed it so I will definitely not give up I have a game at ten bit nervous but I’m looking forward to it

Back