A&H

Multi-Ball

GraemeS

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
I've seen the following clip circling twitter today from a Liverpool youth game - a late equaliser that has been controversial because a goal was scored while another ball was on the pitch.

But I'm not sure there's anything wrong with this? There's no way that ball in the middle was interfering with play, and I thought we were supposed to play on unless the second ball is in a position to cause confusion?

The Referee Store
I've seen the following clip circling twitter today from a Liverpool youth game - a late equaliser that has been controversial because a goal was scored while another ball was on the pitch.

But I'm not sure there's anything wrong with this? There's no way that ball in the middle was interfering with play, and I thought we were supposed to play on unless the second ball is in a position to cause confusion?
Agreed....
However what is more important?
1. Is the game not about goals???
or
2. Stoping play to deal with a 2nd ball on the pitch??
3. Was that goal by any chance the winner of the match? Hmmm
4. Where did the 2nd ball appear from?? Was it deliberate to get the match stopped??
5. Was there a winner before that goal was scored??
6. Oh was it the losing fan/fans by any chance that may have posted that clip lol
7. Sounds like a similar situation in walking football.. the attacking team has possession heading towards the attacking goals and one of the defenders decide to run to have play stopped, knowing very well that the attacking team cannot score, because play is now stopped and play is restarted with an indirect free kick to the attacking team who evidently cannot score and the player who was running is cautioned for unsporting behaviour...
8. Or a similar situation in Futsal known as Sliders.. the defending player glides along the attacker but claims "I have not touched the player yeah right...

I'm ever so sorry unable to watch the clip currently.

Personally (and this is without seeing what’s off camera), if the Napoli midfielder is distracted and runs towards the ball to throw it back, that can confuse opponents and I’d say that did interfere with play.

Hi GraemeS

Just had a look on some of the comments on twitter.. my impression from your good selfs post.. 2 balls on the pitch...
hmmmm apparently there were 3 balls on the pitch.. I may have red it incorrectly....

1. Possible solution..... how about 22 match balls no confusion then.... LOL LOL LOL LOL
;):):flip:

I don't understand, the referee was looking at the touchline as if it was a throw-in, then turns around and follows a different ball. Surely he should know if the ball is in play and if not, where and what the restart is? Has he seen the other ball in play and panicked and gone along with it???

I don't understand, the referee was looking at the touchline as if it was a throw-in, then turns around and follows a different ball. Surely he should know if the ball is in play and if not, where and what the restart is? Has he seen the other ball in play and panicked and gone along with it???
Edit: He's watching a third ball to begin with, which doesn't enter the FOP. The camera isn't helpful at all in this. My guess is he doesn't see the 2nd ball which does enter.

Edit: He's watching a third ball to begin with, which doesn't enter the FOP. The camera isn't helpful at all in this. My guess is he doesn't see the 2nd ball which does enter.
As soon as he realises he's watching the wrong ball he should blow and order a retake, even if it isn't supported in law.

Back