MOTD Farce

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Purely for balance ;)
Apparently;
- Hudson-Odoi didn’t dive in the Chelsea Burnley game
- Running your studs down someone’s Achilles and heel is ok if it’s accidental
- Getting a red card for planting your studs halfway between an opponent’s knee and ankle is harsh
- Martin Keven doesn’t know what the game is coming too :rolleyes:

The Referee Store
I think 99% of refs would have given the pen on first view, even AFTER the reversal there was a shove in the back that seem to have been missed too!. I can understand no pen but the card was very harsh!!!! The RC for Bertrand was similar to the Billy Sharp red, they give them these days!!!

Would be useful if those with high profiles in the sport who have the ability to sit and provide analysis on the game actually bothered to learn their subject rather than simply provide their own perspective bemoaning the loss of their rose tinted version of the sport.

Surely there's scope for a former Prem ref or someone to have a slot on the show to provide a comment or two and educate the Laws. Had one guy at a game yesterday talking to me about 'daylight' for offsides. How old is that concept!

Not sure if anyone spotted it but in the Snodgrass goal for Wet Spam we (SUFC) were attacking and McGoldrick was called offside. Instead of putting the ball down on the floor for the IDFK the ref allowed the GK to fly kick it forward out of his hands. I saw a signal for offside but surely then play stops and resets?? Or is play on allowed?? ... Does VAR going back only work for the BIG games?

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone spotted it but in the Snodgrass goal for Wet Spam we (SUFC) were attacking and McGoldrick was called offside. Instead of putting the ball down on the floor for the IDFK the ref allowed the GK to fly kick it forward out of his hands. I saw a signal for offside but surely then play stops and resets?? Or is play on allowed?? ... Does VAR going back only work for the BIG games?

Unless the ref has blown presumably he can play advantage if the ball ends up in the keeper's hands?

Just watched it back. There was no whistle. The ball went through to Robinson (not McGoldrick) and the flag went up. Robinson's first touch was poor and the ball was probably going to go through to the keeper anyway but Robinson did seem to hesitate on seeing the flag which made it easier for the keeper, but there was no whistle and play continued.

Yet to see MOTD. Have seen the Brighton pen. I was expecting a shocker from VAR based on the media furore. Instead, it was arguably a pen, although I don't think the 'accidental' had much of a 'careless' aspect to it, so football didn't get what it expected

Yet to see MOTD. Have seen the Brighton pen. I was expecting a shocker from VAR based on the media furore. Instead, it was arguably a pen, although I don't think the 'accidental' had much of a 'careless' aspect to it, so football didn't get what it expected

An admittedly biased view from myself but was it a ‘clear and obvious error’ to not give it? No chance. I’d also argue if it takes you 14 replays to confirm it’s a penalty, it’s not obvious to VAR either.

Wouldn’t be given against a ‘sky club’ in a month of Sunday’s. And nobody would argue.

Back