A&H

Modern pundits

The Referee Store
Alan Green on the radio yesterday plumbed depths of incredulous stupidity unknown even to him. According to his commentary VAR only looked at the disallowed goal because the United players hounded the referee into it.

Stealing a living that guy.

"he's got to go, that's a reckless challenge"

I'm certain that the player who asked why, in his words, a "reckless challenge" (yellow was given) wasn't a red card, only asked because he sees red cards being described as "reckless" by pundits

"he's got to go, that's a reckless challenge"

I'm certain that the player who asked why, in his words, a "reckless challenge" (yellow was given) wasn't a red card, only asked because he sees red cards being described as "reckless" by pundits
^^^ This.
It would take 2 minutes for pundits to learn the distinction of their words in Law and just shows they have never bothered to read even the basics :wall:

^^^ This.
It would take 2 minutes for pundits to learn the distinction of their words in Law and just shows they have never bothered to read even the basics :wall:
Exactly the same with dissent. I sent a manager off for two yellows both for dissent. Apparently he’s read the laws and as long as he isn’t swearing it’s not dissent

How refreshing would it be to have a commentator or pundit fully conversant with Law

Some of them are pretty good. Martin Tyler and Gary Neville usually try to look at it from the referee's point of view and are more knowledgeable on law, and Don Goodman is also good, although I don't think it is realistic that they will always know the correct technology. After all, we still hear referees talk about booking players or a defender being last man.

Back