A&H

Misconduct report

Dave87

Hi,

i curious to know what others would've done in this situation.The teams were orange v blue.

In the 72nd minute of the game an orange player did a 2 footed lunging tackle in which he not only took out a blue player but one of his own team. I then get a pitch invasion from one of the blue team subs, buying myself some thinking time i make sure that the injured blue player is being treated running the incident over in my head.

The substitute player was "ranting" at me so i asked hip to leave the FOP, he failed to due so so i issued a C2 and explained to him that unless he wanted to play no further part in the game to make himself scarce in which he did. I then issued a S1 to the orange defender the game then finished without incident.

After the game I was approached by the orange manager who asked me not to send in the misconduct report, my response was that I had to send it in. At this point he was coming up with every excuse under the sun for me to not send the report in, i said that i would think about it just so I could get rid of him and that seemed to satisfy him.

I sent the red card report in anyway but what would you do regarding the manager?

The Referee Store
If I were you, mention it in your Misconduct Report! Managers should know that the reports have to go in! Either that, or e-mail your RDO, and inform him (as it sounds like you have already submitted the report for the dismissal)!

Write a separate misconduct report for the managers behaviour - he knows he shouldn't be doing this, and your CFA will back you all the way.

With regards to what you said to the manager, I just say "Unfortunately, I have to send it through, otherwise I get into trouble and may even get suspended!" gives you a firm footing, and the manager will understand (hopefully! - has always worked in my case!)

I get asked probably every other week not to put stuff through to County ... players / managers only ask because they know there are referees out there that don't put them through - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !! !!

I personally have never put a misconduct report in for someone asking me whether I will put something though - no one has ever asked me more than once - if anyone did ever get in a proper strop about it then I'd probably report them too

I am currently a Referee Secretary on a League in Essex - I see emails come out fairly regularly from County listing referees who are banned for not reporting misconduct to County ... commonly it is a £30 fine and a 3 week ban - at £30 per game this can add up very quickly !!

Thanks for your responses, I have emailed my ref sec to let the league know, failing that if it happens again from the manager I will email the RDO.

Send in a misconduct for him, if he's silly enough to consider that you would be negligent of your duties he deserves everything he gets.

However, ere on the side of caution with comments like 'I'll think about it'. I'm not saying you were wrong, but what if the wrong pair of ears heard that / the manager brought it up in a hearing?

I always tell them the consequences of me not sending it in would be much greater than that for your player and to get out of my face pretty quickly before i report you! It's essentially cheating as they can then play a player who should be suspended in another game.

Back