A&H

Mike Dean

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
So that's it, Mike Dean blew the full time whistle as a Premier League referee yesterday for the last time, bringing an end to an incredible 22 years at the top of the English game.

Seen a lot of toxic garbage written on social media, mostly by people who wouldn't have the balls to referee an under 8 game. People complain referees lack character and personality, Dean certainly didn't lack either!

Love him or hate him, the Premier League won't be the same without him (I strongly suspect far worse off). I for one will miss him. Cheers Mike! 🍻

The Referee Store
Fans want referees to have a personality and be ‘human’, up until the point they display those things and fans think referees aren’t being neutral. Mike Dean is one of the best. The funny thing is fans wishing him and Jon Moss retirement, are about to see them replaced by EFL referees who they say aren’t good enough. Be careful what you wish for!

Mike Dean spent two decades as one of the top practitioners at his profession. He also seems like a decent man who can take a joke and who loves the game. I’ll miss him and the personality he brought to his matches.

To be honest, if the Championship playoff final is a gold watch final for a retiring referee, I’d rather see Mike Dean doing that game instead of Jon Moss. I think Dean has earned it more based on body of work this year.

So that's it, Mike Dean blew the full time whistle as a Premier League referee yesterday for the last time, bringing an end to an incredible 22 years at the top of the English game.

Seen a lot of toxic garbage written on social media, mostly by people who wouldn't have the balls to referee an under 8 game. People complain referees lack character and personality, Dean certainly didn't lack either!

Love him or hate him, the Premier League won't be the same without him (I strongly suspect far worse off). I for one will miss him. Cheers Mike! 🍻

So you're telling me the average football fan has ridiculous black-and-white solutions to complex questions which they vociferously push on anyone who will listen, while speaking ill of anyone who urges caution in the face of the radical things they are proposing, and then complain when it is implemented and they don't like the result?

Where have I seen that before?

VAR.gif

So you're telling me the average football fan has ridiculous black-and-white solutions to complex questions which they vociferously push on anyone who will listen, while speaking ill of anyone who urges caution in the face of the radical things they are proposing, and then complain when it is implemented and they don't like the result?

Where have I seen that before?

View attachment 5700
Ha, yes. The usual "use common sense and have a personality" argument against "we need a binary yes/no correct verified decision by a robot"

Back