A&H

Mid-season promotion news

Quarryref

If 30th September was the cut-off date, and 14th October the implementation date, presumably all through the refereeing pyramid this is squeaky bum time for quite a few ?

Everyone sitting comfortably ? Anyone know when announcements are expected ?

No expectation personally this time, but good luck to anyone who may be in line for a step up.

The Referee Store
Not sure but the email from the FA had confirmed mid season promotions for step5/6 referees and interestingly, as I did not know was a possibility, is that they will also be considered for promotion to step 2 on the line...

Not sure but the email from the FA had confirmed mid season promotions for step5/6 referees and interestingly, as I did not know was a possibility, is that they will also be considered for promotion to step 2 on the line...
You run the line at Step 2 when you're a L3 anyway!

You run the line at Step 2 when you're a L3 anyway!
Ohhhhh! I totally misread it.
I knew that as a l3 you run line at step 2 but I'd separated the two when reading the email as in you could remain level 4 referee and also be promoted on the line but it's just referring to the dual role isn't it.

Reactions: ARF
Reckon I'm just short. Was old school BB at the last bandings and only had one middle (non assessed) since

To be fair, it's not the clearest email.

Having posted the original question, for anyone interested who hasn't seen the email, the answer on when is timing and protocol to be announced next week

Reckon I'm just short. Was old school BB at the last bandings and only had one middle (non assessed) since
Hmmm, same (BB) but 11 games and 3 obs.
Got another 4 games this month with at least one observation so if its a corker there could be some movement obviously depending on when the cut off is. Hazarding a guess, usually get bandings at end of Oct so those bandings to be used?
I presume there also needs to be a need in the area for movement?

Hmmm, same (BB) but 11 games and 3 obs.
Got another 4 games this month with at least one observation so if its a corker there could be some movement obviously depending on when the cut off is. Hazarding a guess, usually get bandings at end of Oct so those bandings to be used?
I presume there also needs to be a need in the area for movement?

Would assume your last sentence is correct. If you don't go mid season keep at it and you'll likely be in with a shout in May

Would assume your last sentence is correct. If you don't go mid season keep at it and you'll likely be in with a shout in May
Yes. I'm probably too far away to go up mid season. I think I would need a really big score, north of 73 to get in the mix for mid season and of course for the game to be on in the first place. I'm in the best place I have ever been though so just got to keep motoring on and see where it takes me.

Reactions: es1
yeah at least it gives me (and you) the opportunity to get a few good observations in to give ourselves a chance.

i am surprised they are leaving 4-3 so late though, perhaps they're not so short on 3s atm

Wasn't expecting that - 3 extra months to move up, screw up or for the fickle hand of fate to send us the right / wrong game with the right / wrong observer (I expect we've all been there !)

Given shortage of level 4s (at least down here in the South East), anyone know if they are doing 5-4 on the same timetable or sooner ?

yeah at least it gives me (and you) the opportunity to get a few good observations in to give ourselves a chance.

i am surprised they are leaving 4-3 so late though, perhaps they're not so short on 3s atm
Allows folks who haven't had as much football to catch up.
Traditionally we play very little football Nov Dec Jan as well so would mean in some places the cut off would be now almost.
To be honest, I don't think there is a need for 4-3 in Cornwall so be surprised if anyone moves up here.
That said, it's a target to be in position for it if it does happen.
Observation scheduled for a midweek Derby a week on Tuesday with (hopefully) a run of 5 middles leading into it. Let's see.

Reactions: es1
Wasn't expecting that - 3 extra months to move up, screw up or for the fickle hand of fate to send us the right / wrong game with the right / wrong observer (I expect we've all been there !)

Given shortage of level 4s (at least down here in the South East), anyone know if they are doing 5-4 on the same timetable or sooner ?
5-4s are being done as we speak.

much sooner i believe, in the next week or so

Allows folks who haven't had as much football to catch up.
Traditionally we play very little football Nov Dec Jan as well so would mean in some places the cut off would be now almost.
To be honest, I don't think there is a need for 4-3 in Cornwall so be surprised if anyone moves up here.
That said, it's a target to be in position for it if it does happen.
Observation scheduled for a midweek Derby a week on Tuesday with (hopefully) a run of 5 middles leading into it. Let's see.

good luck

typically i have no middles in october and i'm away for 3 out of 4 weekends in november plus the first in december!

Back