A&H

MC vs WH

one

RefChat Addict
For me the challenge by Otamendi on Lanzini in 50th minute in City PA was more of a foul than the one (if any) on Silva in the 59th. The difference being Siva went down but Lanzini didn't. I am sure the one on Lanzini wasn't played advantage. If it was, it was a very very poor one.

I have always said we the referees are accountable for diving as much as players. Here is a good example of when not to follow what football expects. Football expects no foul when the player stays on his feet and regains control in most cases.

https://footy11.videostreamlet.net/player/html/ml62lO3hzg
Start at 4.15

The Referee Store
Neither pk for me.
Silva initiates whatever contact there is, he clevely realises law of averages says, so many defenders around me, it will look like one of them has fouled me if I lose the ball. Cheat. Clever well rehearsed cheating, but cheating all the same
The admirirers of his dark art will proclaim that he drew the foul. He never, he initiated it.
WHU one, no. Not total black and white but my thinking for pens is, would I give it at half way? I.e. classing a pk as what it is, its simply a fk that happens to be in the box. No for me

In saying that had his pal stuck it into the onion bag, I would still have my advantage arms outstretched this morning.

This is different cheating to the West Brom one last week but the mind set is the same, home team, not winning game, second half, first chance you get, down you go.
Silvas looks like it could be a pk, so he has nothing to lose by trying, putting the onus back onto the ref.
Gayles was just a ridiculous desperate effort which he prob never thought the ref would buy.
End of day though two brothers from the same mother..cheats.

Last edited:
WHU one, no. Not total black and white but my thinking for pens is, would I give it at half way? I.e. classing a pk as what it is, its simply a fk that happens to be in the box. No for me
The point I am making is that had Lanzini gone down you (and me) would have likely had a different view, in the PA or not. It's theory impossible to prove but my gut tells me it's true.

Not new City cheating scandal again? After all that FFP stuff as well, it’s really getting embarrassing!

The point I am making is that had Lanzini gone down you (and me) would have likely had a different view, in the PA or not. It's theory impossible to prove but my gut tells me it's true.

I would go as far as to say, my mind set would shift from not interested at all, to, oh I have a decision to make here. (Should he go down)
Say on a scale, I am a 0 but if he goes down,it rises to 3/4.
Certainly an easier sell/more credible if he topples

Back