A&H

Match abandoned on 45 due fog

The Referee Store
The answer is yes. There is an option to tick to say the game was abandoned.

I had to abandon my game in 74th minute yesterday due to a player's suspected broken leg. I've just put 2 cautions on Whole Game System. However, the option to report abandoning is in the misconduct section so I assume we only need to tick this if a game is abandoned due to disciplinary and/or misconduct reasons. The injury sustained yesterday was not so much the result of a careless foul tackle but the awkward landing. Therefore, I didn't tick the abandoned box.

I think you still have to tick the abandoned box, otherwise the system thinks it was completed. It might cause issues when the match is replayed

I think you still have to tick the abandoned box, otherwise the system thinks it was completed. It might cause issues when the match is replayed

Maybe, but I don't think WGS monitors all the leagues' fixtures. As the tick box is in the misconduct section and misconduct wasn't the cause of abandonment I don't think it should be ticked. I will email CFA for clarification though. Obviously I've made a report for the league so they are aware of the reason and can rearrange the game if necessary.

You should have ticked the abandonment box and added an Extraordinary report advising of the cause for your action.

After ticking the abandonment box a second box appears asking if the match was abandoned due to misconduct, which you can answer yes or no

After ticking the abandonment box a second box appears asking if the match was abandoned due to misconduct, which you can answer yes or no

Great. Thanks for this. I'll go back on later and see if it'll let me do it.

I tried to do this after your tip yesterday. When I ticked the box no other options came up so I left it unticked. I emailed CFA yesterday and had a reply today saying that since it wasn't due to a disciplinary issue there was no requirement to report the game as abandoned on WGS.

Hmmm, I'm sure it was there when I had to abandon a match at the start of the season due to an injury.

The only reason I had to log it on WGS was to report a caution.

Maybe it was because I went back to edit the WGS report that the option you saw wasn't available to me. At least I've let CFA know.
I do enter all my games on WGS even when there are no cautions (doesn't happen often!)

Back