A&H

Mass Confrontation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HullRef

RefChat Addict
what do you think to this one guys?

What would you have done differently/the same if you were the ref or either of the two AR's?

The Referee Store
Not just stood their and blown my whistle like I'm auditioning for a west end musical for a start! AR shouldn't have gone into melee but should have stayed wide and observed and done his job

On a side note, what an awful awful challenge

Calmed it down so well done in that respect. Not sure they got everyone who needed to be sent off, but mass confrontation is a nightmare to manage even when there are 3 of you.

This is from a fair while ago......

Thought the referee handled it as well as could be expected.......I do actually know the ref.....one of the more competent level 3s around.

Yeah its hard to prepare for a mass confrontation. The only possible thing he could have done differently is be in the other half of the pitch so that the send off players don't have to walk past everyone as the Tunnel to the changing rooms is to the far left of the camera view.

Didn't watch it all. But I think my main comment would be the senior assistant. Did not remain calm, went straight in (with the buzzer flag in danger - I bet the referee was worried!), did not manage the dugouts which should have been his main priority as they got pretty irate. Then when sending off he was getting very animated and vocal, copying what the referee was doing. No need and looked quite embarrassing - speak to the referee, then let him deal with everything, no need for further participation on his part (i.e. telling the players to leave the FOP etc...)

Overall, very busy indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back