A&H

Mark Halsey VAR offside

bester

RefChat Addict
Mark Halsey arguing VAR should overrule an assistants offside flag and allow a goal because the technology isn't 100% accurate.
Couldn't make it up
"
Even though the Assistant indicated offside imo we know technology is not 100% in those situations var should allow the goal, as I said we are to forensic compared to other competitions around the globe
"

The Referee Store
Mark Halsey arguing VAR should overrule an assistants offside flag and allow a goal because the technology isn't 100% accurate.
Couldn't make it up
"
Even though the Assistant indicated offside imo we know technology is not 100% in those situations var should allow the goal, as I said we are to forensic compared to other competitions around the globe
"
Well.. it kind of already does, doesn't it? If an AR delays the flag until after the ball goes back in the net, VAR can overrule, correct?

I'm not sure I follow. What scenario are we talking about? An assistant's flag does not stop play. If, despite an AR's flag a goal is scored and VAR shows the player was not offside, the goal should count, shouldn't it?

Well.. it kind of already does, doesn't it? If an AR delays the flag until after the ball goes back in the net, VAR can overrule, correct?
I read the statement as the AR flagged and the R accepted the flag for OS; Halsey disagrees with the flag, and since the answer wasn't clear in video review, the AR's call should be reversed. Kinda upside down from the point of VAR.

Back