A&H

Manchester City v Foxes

deusex

RefChat Addict
GK tackle on Barnes.
Pen?
Free kick and a YC anywhere else on pitch.
In fairness it is consistent with standard EPL practise which is Once you get your shot off ANYTHING goes!
Can anyone recall an EPL pen given for a foul after a shot?

The Referee Store
Ederson smashed him

You never see anything like that given though and I'm not sure why not

I’m still confused on what the rules are here as, like you said, although he got his shot off (poorly), he still got clattered. Initial thoughts were it wasn’t a pen.

Not even the pundits made anything of it which is remarkable in itself.

Certainly at my level I’d be thinking about it - and probably giving it.

It's a strange one. It didn't even occur to me that it was a pen, until Jamie Carragher said. Thinking about it, why not?? Could VAR not have intervened??

It's a strange one. It didn't even occur to me that it was a pen, until Jamie Carragher said. Thinking about it, why not?? Could VAR not have intervened??
It's not enough that the decision might be wrong, for VAR it must be a clear and obvious error.
That nobody much commented on it, and with little reaction from the attack, it would seem that bar was nowhere in reach.

It's a foul anywhere apart from in the box, where it's just an accepted part of the game now. Similar to when defenders shield the ball with there bodies without attempting to play the ball for 10, sometimes 20 yards to let the ball go out for a goal kick. Anywhere else itd be penalised.

Back