A&H

Man U v PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorik0907

Highly debatable handball, but seems to be the way FIFA is headed in terms of the LotG. Skomina has given those before. Personally really disagree.

Also AR2 was especially impressive, and Skomina is still incredibly highly skilled

The Referee Store
Not handball for me, really harsh decision but I’m glad to see PSG out

I guess it's not a handball in England, but is in Europe.

Personally I'd give it, he's waving his arm around with that jump. I wonder if the 'silhouette' argument would sort this one out?

It's certainly more deliberate than some we have seen recently. He has his palm facing the ball outstretched, I think he was trying to block it.

This coming from someone who is quite reluctant to give handball.

I don't have a problem with that--he's deliberately jumping in front of the play to block the ball with his arm out taking up extra space.

I'm with the BT Panel on this one. We saw a similar decision in the Schalke v City game. What are defenders supposed to do with their arms? You have to being your arms out for balance. As soon as Kimbepe saw that the ball was heading for him he did everything to get his hands put of the way. Therefore, how can this be seen as deliberate handball? Players cannot move with their hands by their side and by their back.

It's certainly more deliberate than some we have seen recently. He has his palm facing the ball outstretched, I think he was trying to block it.

This coming from someone who is quite reluctant to give handball.

If you're stood in front of someone smacking a ball 5 yards away from you do you honestly think that they but their palms out to block the ball?

I don't have a problem with that--he's deliberately jumping in front of the play to block the ball with his arm out taking up extra space.
Tell you what, go outside, run and spin in the air and see where your arms end up. I’m pretty confident it wouldn’t be dissimilar to what you saw tonight

If you're stood in front of someone smacking a ball 5 yards away from you do you honestly think that they but their palms out to block the ball?
You're assuming that in a tight European knockout game every decision a player makes is rational and conscious.

I'm not giving it, but I think it's not nearly as bad as some recent ones and there is a chance he was trying to block it.

I'm not at all happy with the current handball interpretation, and it seems to have been dreamed up from someone (or a group of someones ..!) who has never, ever played football as you cannot jump with your arms by your side.

However, on this one there has to be blame attached to the defender. You never, ever, turn your back on anything and had he stood strong and faced the ball he wouldn't have given a penalty away. Might have been winded, might have been speaking with a squeaky voice for a while, might have even taken a whack in the face, but it isn't really going to hurt him. That was really bad, and you could say cowardly, defending.

Just to clarify, that looks like the ref is being shown that decision in slow-mo? I'd be interested to know if he'd still have given that if he'd seen it at full speed, as you really can't underestimate just how quickly the ball moved from boot to elbow. Given that, I'm baffled to understand how on earth he could consider that deliberate given the defender has his back turned.

In fact, if you watch the BT clip, you can see that only one player even appealed for the PK, and the commentators didn't mention the possibility even after seeing an immediate replay. "What football expects" is out the window I suppose?

Tell you what, go outside, run and spin in the air and see where your arms end up. I’m pretty confident it wouldn’t be dissimilar to what you saw tonight

I understand that, but should a player at that level (and on those wages) be turning his back and letting his arms flap around ? Man-up and take the pain, I say !

TBH, I'm getting confused what they want from handball these days !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back