A&H

Man City vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

James P

Pretty quiet game refereeing wise. Maybe Thiago was lucky not to see yellow for his first offence and the still from Fabinho's yellow suggests it could have been red.
MO in the middle for the rematch in the FA cup next week?

The Referee Store
My only complaints were I'd have liked a yellow for TAA for his pull back and tiago for the first one (he'd not then have made the 2nd).

Not seen the fabinho one in real time...only an image

My only complaints were I'd have liked a yellow for TAA for his pull back and tiago for the first one (he'd not then have made the 2nd).

Hoping this link works for the Fabinho play - https://streamable.com/59d6lu

Totally understandable seeing this as a caution in live action, but a sendoff would probably be the better call in my opinion. I don't think it's a clear and obvious error to go yellow here, but the flush contact on the inside of the leg above the ankle is a dangerous situation.

Hoping this link works for the Fabinho play - https://streamable.com/59d6lu

Totally understandable seeing this as a caution in live action, but a sendoff would probably be the better call in my opinion. I don't think it's a clear and obvious error to go yellow here, but the flush contact on the inside of the leg above the ankle is a dangerous situation.

Wow, I think that's a clear red

AT seemed to indicate that Sterling was taking it out wide or that he had lost control of the ball, I'm not so sure

Wow, I think that's a clear red
AT checking no serious damage before deciding which colour. Obviously under instruction not to "spoil the product" with a red.

And on the "offside" goal, since when is a ball this shape?

1649626142713.png

AT checking no serious damage before deciding which colour. Obviously under instruction not to "spoil the product" with a red.
Referee in "prioritising the welfare of an injured player" scandal....

Agree that Thiago should have seen yellow for the first one (hilarious to see a City fan complaining about tactical fouls being used against them though!), but it's ridiculous to then suggest he should have been off because he would have made that second challenge knowing he was on a yellow. And the third one in that video lacks the context that the foul went to Liverpool - because he'd been pulled back and that was considered to be the reason he's gone into KdB in that way.

Fabinho is pretty orange, I think the height has saved him. If we're asked to consider height as part of making a call on red cards, it surely follows that a challenge being pretty much at ground level should be considered a mitigating factor?

And on the "offside" goal, since when is a ball this shape?

View attachment 5591
There was no question he was offside. Sky also showed the frame before this and he was still offside then

Fabimho, its nasty but I can live with yellow

one of those if you have already put the other team to ten, you be giving it serious consideration.

Michael Oliver has the FA Cup semi for City vs Liverpool on Saturday, hopefully he can provide another good refereeing performance, similar to AT. Surprised to see that Martin Atkinson has been given Liverpool vs Man Utd though

Seriously? Not even a smily. I'd consider red card if I get that kind of snide from a player on the field.
Quite funny really that Liverpool fans have spent all week on twitter accusing him of being a City fan, having spent most of the last 5 years calling him a Man Utd fan, and here we have a City fan accusing him of being a Liverpool fan.

Conclusion - he's a fine referee who supports Altrincham and while we can debate his decisions on here, to conclude, imply or even joke that a referee has got to his position whilst showing bias for ANY team is ridiculous - especially on a site such as this, where we all realise what it takes to get to that level.

Don’t forget EPL referees also have to factor in ‘managing an event’ which he did very well, most football followers are talking about two great teams in a very good match, referee facilitated 11 v 11 for 90 mins which EPL bosses want & within the laws of the game. Overall, well done AT.

I think the biggest difference between how the sides were refereed was the late flagging. There was one where Klopp went crazy at the fourth - there had been 3 or 4 Virgin Trains level late flags while City attacked - and then the other AR just stuck it straight up at the other end.

The late flags drive me nuts TBH

Where did I call him a Liverpool fan?
Still wondering how Liverpool ended with 11. (Not including AT...)
I'm pretty certain this is the exact words you posted that @PinnerPaul was referring to.
And okay, you didn't call him a fan exactly, but you are as good as insinuating he was bias towards Liverpool and on their side, in fact suggesting he might have donned the kit and scored the 2 goals you conceded himself whilst then technically being an extra persons on the field of play contrary to law 3, but of course he was in charge so that fact was overlooked and the goals allowed to stand. Criminal.

Getting a little bit tired of the constant need to remind certain members on here that this is not, and i repeat not a fans forum!! Plenty of other places for all of that, here isnt one of them.
I'm going to go a step further Ross, I am really annoyed that it has descended to this yet again, and my finger is hovering right over the ban button.

It is really, really simple, if you want to discuss how your team has been wronged bore off to a fan's forum, you are simply not welcome on here. And I'm now at the point that I will just push that button as it has gone on for too long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back