A&H

Luton v Harrogate

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Whilst watching this game, not much for the referee to do to be honest, having a good game in my opinion, but one thing, around the 78th minute mark troubles me.
Two players contest the ball and it goes for a throw in. I dont think the officials know who it last touched, and to be fair I couldn't tell on the camera angle, but both players claimed it and was given to Harrogate, whilst Luton player had the ball.
What the Luton player does next is the issue.
He literally throws the ball hard down and out towards the pitch in a clear show of dissent to the officials decision.
Yet no action taken. Nothing. No word. No card. Nothing. It was thrown and bounced a good 10-15 yards too.

The Referee Store
Are we really surprised considering football's tendancy to ignore certain laws particularly dissent in the name of entertainment?

I carded an u15 player for aggressively launching the ball into the ground from above his head as he didn't get a throw in that both his team's CAR and I gave the other way. Prompted a few shouts from the sidelines "That's not a yellow card". Fair play to his manager though, who apologised to me after the game for his player's behaviour and said he had no complaints with the card.

I haven't seen this incident but in my games if I'm unsure who last touched the ball and have 'guessed', I'm usually lenient when it comes to dissent because there's a good chance that the player's discontent is justified. Sanctions should always be proportional imo

Are we really surprised considering football's tendancy to ignore certain laws particularly dissent in the name of entertainment?

I carded an u15 player for aggressively launching the ball into the ground from above his head as he didn't get a throw in that both his team's CAR and I gave the other way. Prompted a few shouts from the sidelines "That's not a yellow card". Fair play to his manager though, who apologised to me after the game for his player's behaviour and said he had no complaints with the card.
I think now at least, that situation shouldn’t happen. When sin bins got bought in, throwing the ball away was the main thing they stated as “clear dissent.” Players seemed to take note as well, if someone booted the ball away their teammates would have a go at them. Still never played in a game that had a sin bin though, as refs seemed to have some sort of aversion to disciplinary action in a junior game but That’s a discussion for another day

Back