A&H

Luiz was a lucky boy wasn't he?

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
Can't for the life of me work out why Luiz wasn't sent off.

Anyone shed some light for me?

The Referee Store
my only defence for the ref.was he thought that the striker wouldn't get to the ball as it would have run straight through 2 the keeper.

also thoughts on Stuart atwell sending Gary cahill off?

Harsh!! Very harsh! Too close to the halfway line to be dogso in my opinion

The closest Zat Knight would have got to Parker would be behind. Could not get between him and the goal. Correct from that POV I think. At the time however I thought it was for SFP.

What has annoyed me the most was the graphic on MOTD2 last night which showed Gary Cahill was NOT the last man and that another player 20/30 yards away was 5 yard closer to the goal!
When on when are these people going to read the laws? There was now way he would have covered in time to stop a shot had Scott Parker rode that challenge, however like Ross said it may have been too close to the half way line.

I think I may have contradicted myself there:confused:

Well on the subject of Luiz, Mr Dean has admitted he was wrong and should have sent him off, either he'll be taking a rest this weekend or be lucky to have a game.
With the Cahill one, the ban has now been overturned by the FA so they have acknowledged Attwell was wrong, however in my opinion it could be argued he was right, harsh don't get me wrong for where it was but very right. I would tend to agree with his thinking that Scott Parker bursting on wouldn't be caught by the steam train of Zat Knight so maybe he was right, but yet again the FA undermine our officials by upholding the ban.

Back