A&H

Liverpool vs. Leicester

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
For me, neither were penalties, but a lot of respect for Nigel Pearson for saying that referees are human beings and thus accepting that mistakes are made rather than just criticising Mike Jones.

The Referee Store
Did you see motd? Savage is an idiot but he surpassed himself first with the nature of his criticism of Mike Jones and then his rabid insistence that Gerard should be in the back 3....

First one is harsh, but I can see why it was given. What was he doing with his hands? It's not a penalty but his arm positioning didn't help.

The second is closer but you do see them given. He does seem to move his hand to the ball but is it deliberate? Not sure.

How anyone could consider giving that first one as a penalty, I don't know!

Mike Jones continues to be the worst referee in the Select Group, by quite some distance too!
The sooner he's either demoted or retired, the better!

To be fair to Mike, we haven't seen it directly from his position, we all should know how different incidents can look from a different angle!

To be fair to Mike, we haven't seen it directly from his position, we all should know how different incidents can look from a different angle!
No, I don't accept that. Whatever angle, it clearly hit his face. His arm went underneath the ball, so how could it physically have made contact??

Neither were penalties for me. I can see why he gave the first one though; Morgan's arms were outstretched but it looked pretty clear that it hit him in the face.

I suspect Mike Riley will be cowering behind his sofa watching MOTD tonight, there's been some absolute howlers today!

That first one happened very quickly and what were the odds of him not handling the ball with his hands and arms outstretched like that!

If the ball had hit his hand or arm, definite penalty. Sadly for the player, he got a ball in the mush and got wrongly penalised for it!

Back