A&H

Liverpool vs Arsenal

Padfoot

The Persecuted One
Why is Mane still on the pitch?

Grabs Lichsteiner round the neck with both hands.......not even a caution?

The Referee Store
Shame his relaxed attitude to awarding penalties left him suddenly there. I can only assume he's left his cards at home as well.
About as one sided a refereeing performance as you could hope to see at this level

Shame his relaxed attitude to awarding penalties left him suddenly there. I can only assume he's left his cards at home as well.
About as one sided a refereeing performance as you could hope to see at this level
LOL
"Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, the league’s top scorer had 10 touches in 70 minutes speaks volumes. Even worse, six of those came from kick-off."

Definitely the ref's fault that not one, not two but three Arsenal players fell over while Firminio scored...

I'm a huge MO fan, but he's lost his way a bit this season. Probably conflicted by mandates and so on
3-1 was the right result

The first one was a pen the second imo was never a pen at least I wouldn't be giving that. I thought Mane AND Lichtenstein should have BOTH received yellow cards. A few free kicks I thought we (Liverpool) had given away but no foul was given so I think Arsenal maybe shouldve got a few more free kicks. Other than that I thought Michael Oliver had a good game. Ohh and if you disagree with me in a Liverpool fan so please take my views with a pinch of salt.

The first one was a pen the second imo was never a pen at least I wouldn't be giving that. I thought Mane AND Lichtenstein should have BOTH received yellow cards. A few free kicks I thought we (Liverpool) had given away but no foul was given so I think Arsenal maybe shouldve got a few more free kicks. Other than that I thought Michael Oliver had a good game. Ohh and if you disagree with me in a Liverpool fan so please take my views with a pinch of salt.
Salah shouldn't have been playing in the game because of his cheating antics against Newcastle. Low and behold, he's at it again. That's one skill that separates top players from 'also-rans'. It's impossible for referees with so many adept cheats around

Salah shouldn't have been playing in the game because of his cheating antics against Newcastle. Low and behold, he's at it again. That's one skill that separates top players from 'also-rans'. It's impossible for referees with so many adept cheats around
And? Don't get your point mate the pen today on Salah was a stone cold pen and unquestionably not a dive regardless of what player it was in that situation it's always a pen but for the record vs Newcastle that was never a pen

A number of comments have been deleted. They belong on fans forums and BBC Have Your Say feeds. Not on here.

Disagree with the penalty calls? Fine. Say so and why “Salah took a tumble” “That decision makes life difficult for the rest of us” etc. No problem with those.

Think the referee team has had a bad game; not their best; general off day, again all fine.

Suggestions of bias, incompetence or otherwise questioning the integrity of the match officials however, are totally uncalled for and will be removed.

Last edited:
A number of comments have been deleted. They belong on fans forums and BBC Have Your Say feeds. Not on here.

Disagree with the penalty calls? Fine. Say so and why “Salah took a tumble” “That decision makes life difficult for the rest of us” etc. No problem with those.

Think the team has had a bad game; not their best; general off day, again all fine.

Suggestions of bias, incompetence or otherwise questioning the integrity of the match officials however, are totally uncalled for and will be removed.
Harsh there @Tealeaf
When the Geordies paid multiple visits to the Championship, we were the best cheats in the League
I'm merely pointing out that the game is full of cheats, regardless of which top flight club they play for
I'm defending MO today, because it must be impossible to ref adept cheats
This is a relevant point on a referees' forum

Think the team has had a bad game; not their best; general off day, again all fine.

Complete overreaction to some pretty standard comments. Is it cos it's Michael Oliver?

Complete overreaction to some pretty standard comments. Is it cos it's Michael Oliver?
I agree, that was a bit ridiculous. The very best players (with a few exceptions) are impossible to referee because their very first thought, is to wait for contact and then cheat. Salah is one of many; and that's partly what separates him from the 'also-rans'

Back