A&H

Liverpool v Arsenal

Ryanj91

Most comical red card of the season?

Got to love Xhaka for the entertainment he gives referees. Unsure how he is a professional tbh.

The Referee Store
Its almost a cross between sfp and dogso. I'm not sure it meets the threshold for both entirely but certainly felt very 'red' and there were few complaints from arsenal players

Its almost a cross between sfp and dogso. I'm not sure it meets the threshold for both entirely but certainly felt very 'red' and there were few complaints from arsenal players
Well I was assuming it's for SFP. Surely Can't be Dogso? He chested the ball straight to the keeper/white was right there?
Can't complain about the red. Xhaka is a clown. Why even attempt that? Lol

Yeah he's got to know jota is there, be closer and make a more intelligent challenge

Definitely SFP. Even if it's both, you punish the more severe offense (in this case, the one with the longer suspension.

Xhaka doesn't do himself any favors complaining about how referees "look out" for him when he does well-placed MMA roundhouse kicks . . .

I think it's DOGSO but a case where the 4 considerations are... erm ...considered - and one of the considerations is in doubt, control of the ball, but the other considerations are a tidal wave of DOGSO.

Most comical red card of the season?

Got to love Xhaka for the entertainment he gives referees. Unsure how he is a professional tbh.
It's always Xhaka. I wouldn't want him in my team. I don't care if he's any good at football. He's no good to his team in the changing room. Selfish ego

Do I detect that some referees are prejudiced against certain players?

It was an accident. Half a second from a great saving clearance. Apparently given as DOGSO rather than SFP.

Real time, refs position, dogso

Anywhere else on pitch, serious foul play.

Studding/kicking anyone in the chest is a no go.

You cannot have this player remaining on the pitch.

Good management by ref here too, well positioned, in with a quck strong red, then some empathy, " stupid challange mate, lets help get you off"

no protests, even from the player.

well handled

Last edited:
I think it's DOGSO but a case where the 4 considerations are... erm ...considered - and one of the considerations is in doubt, control of the ball, but the other considerations are a tidal wave of DOGSO.
I think it's a little harsh to rule out DOGSO because he got kicked in the chest before he had to opportunity to control it! I do get that it's "likelihood of control" rather than "has he controlled it", but I think where the foul occurs first, you have to give the attacker the benefit of the doubt and assume that he would have probably controlled it if he'd been given the opportunity as long as it's in reach.

Irrelevant

Even less relevant

Hoping it's not the fan in you saying this.
Well, maybe by not judging it SFP, Mr Oliver was thinking it was relevant. Does no-one else have a greater level of tolerance if (e.g.) a player slips then crashes into an opponent? (I speak as one who got carted on the line by a player who slipped...)

Re the prejudice, it's referees on here! "Clown", "doesn't do himself any favours", "selfish ego"....

And EPL refs have been known to be prejudiced against certain players... (well, one ref and one player at least... )

Reactions: es1
Well, maybe by not judging it SFP, Mr Oliver was thinking it was relevant. Does no-one else have a greater level of tolerance if (e.g.) a player slips then crashes into an opponent? (I speak as one who got carted on the line by a player who slipped...)

Re the prejudice, it's referees on here! "Clown", "doesn't do himself any favours", "selfish ego"....

And EPL refs have been known to be prejudiced against certain players... (well, one ref and one player at least... )
I think there is some level of bias in the game, for and against players.

Kane v Robertson - Kane is England's saviour - benefit of doubt.
Mane v Tierney and Chelsea - mane never appears to get sent off for his behaviour.

The stamp on tomiyahu's face against West Ham, replace that with Xhaka stamping on Rice's face = red card.

Yesterday - Saka went in high and late on Matip? Could have been deemed as a red with certain specs on. But saka is a nice lad, so he probably got away with it.

Surprised the Saka challenge wasn't mentioned on here tbh.

I was surprised the Saka one didn't result in a yellow, but not sure it needed more than that. One of those where if the card is given in the moment, everyone accepts it and moves on, but the lack of a card means we then start to get involved in questions of if VAR should have got involved etc.

Back