A&H

Liv Manu

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
So, 14 mins... Pogba stops Liverpool taking a throw in by grabbing the ball as Robertson is in the action of throwing it. Robertson eventually throws it, backwards in the end.
Tierney stops the game by double beeping. And... nothing... yellow card offence surely?

The throw gets retaken. That's an error in law for me.

The Referee Store
35 mins - after an earlier nice early flag when AR1 didn't delay the offside flag when Rash was running into the corner... a ridonculous delayed flag where Manu have 4-5 touches in the box before the falg eventually goes up... there were tackles and blocks in there... someone is gonna get hurt because of these daft delayed flags.

Reactions: es1
...and then Liverpool's first offside, at last an instant flag...
...and then the halftime whistle blows... as Mane brings the ball down with only the GK to beat...!

Tierney frightens me. I'd be a lanky Tierney on the telly unfortunately. Looks a bit awkward all the time. From the first hand signals that were just a bit too straight (he clearly hasn't seen the relaxed Prem ref memo).

Clagger on Sky has just pointed out the delayed flags will lead to injury... great minds (lanky defenders not quite good enough on the ball) think alike;)

...and then Liverpool's first offside, at last an instant flag... ...and then the halftime whistle blows... as Mane brings the ball down with only the GK to beat...! Tierney frightens me. I'd be a lanky Tierney on the telly unfortunately. Looks a bit awkward all the time. From the first hand signals that were just a bit too straight (he clearly hasn't seen the relaxed Prem ref memo). Clagger on Sky has just pointed out the delayed flags will lead to injury... great minds (lanky defenders not quite good enough on the ball) think alike;)
...and then Liverpool's first offside, at last an instant flag... ...and then the halftime whistle blows... as Mane brings the ball down with only the GK to beat...! Tierney frightens me. I'd be a lanky Tierney on the telly unfortunately. Looks a bit awkward all the time. From the first hand signals that were just a bit too straight (he clearly hasn't seen the relaxed Prem ref memo). Clagger on Sky has just pointed out the delayed flags will lead to injury... great minds (lanky defenders not quite good enough on the ball) think alike;)

After some concerns over his appointment (I mean who am I anyway...) I think Tierney has been excellent. Got everything on the pitch spot on. Sure he could have had another booking or 2 but he's managed a potentially fiery game well so far.

I thought the added time was the minimum you had to play? Why are they blowing up early! Not the first time?
It was extremely weird to blow on 45:51 or whatever with a minimum 1 minute added time just as Mane receives the ball beyond the last defender. Not something I would recommend for fairness or match control at any level.

You're right santa, someone is absolutely going to get injured by a delayed flag. I understand the need to delay but they need to find a happy medium to avoid wasted time in the game and reduce potential for avoidable injuries.

After some concerns over his appointment (I mean who am I anyway...) I think Tierney has been excellent. Got everything on the pitch spot on. Sure he could have had another booking or 2 but he's managed a potentially fiery game well so far.
That's the wonderful thing about football. We can see different things. If you've been watching the same game: you could comment on the specific points about the Pogba delaying the restart and the early half time whistle...

(I realise that the delayed flagging is not Tierney's fault or the ARs' fault as it is somehow now part of the process!)

It was extremely weird to blow on 45:51 or whatever with a minimum 1 minute added time just as Mane receives the ball beyond the last defender. Not something I would recommend for fairness or match control at any level.
Plain stupid IMO
There are so many aspects of refereeing which are difficult. 'Blowing early for HT when a player is put through', is not one of them

That's the wonderful thing about football. We can see different things. If you've been watching the same game: you could comment on the specific points about the Pogba delaying the restart and the early half time whistle...

(I realise that the delayed flagging is not Tierney's fault or the ARs' fault as it is somehow now part of the process!)

The delay was obvious but I don't think there's a need for the yellow, for game management. The time of the whistle was odd, I'll grant you.

Tierney sees off extra time by unnecessary interference at a corner, missing handball and given a phantom foul by TAA. Weird.

Some red (home) tinted glasses I'm afraid, I thought he had a very good game. Yes, the delayed offside flags are a pain but we can't blame the assistants as they are under orders to do it that way.

I do wonder if the half time problem was because Sky started the clock too early, perhaps at the time of the whistle for taking the knee. I've certainly seen that happen before this season.

Back