A&H

Levels I can ref

Jack M

Level 6 Referee
Hi guys,

Hope you are all having a good pre season.

Just wanted to check what is the highest league I can officiate on as an assistant. I am a L7 so can I join the Eastern Counties League for example?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

The Referee Store
Hi Jack,

As a L7 you may be able join the Eastern Counties League Southern and Northern divisions as an assistant referee. Those games are refereed by L4s, and the Eastern Counties Premier League games are refereed by L3s with L4s on the lines.

Generally speaking, as a L7 the highest you can officiate as an AR is step 5. The ECL Southern and Northern divisions are step 6, but if you were in the Spartan South Midlands catchment area you could assist on their Premier division which is step 5.

Ok. Thanks for the reply RustyRef 👍

Another question. Would me not having my own transport have any major negative effects on me officiating at that level?

Hi guys,

Hope you are all having a good pre season.

Just wanted to check what is the highest league I can officiate on as an assistant. I am a L7 so can I join the Eastern Counties League for example?

Thanks in advance,

Jack
Welcome to the world of Refereeing Jack. I would suggest that you get in touch with your CFA who can point you in the right direction. Enjoy and take it all in!!

Adam

Welcome to the world of Refereeing Jack. I would suggest that you get in touch with your CFA who can point you in the right direction. Enjoy and take it all in!!

Adam

Thanks pal. Although, I have been refereeing since 2013 and reffed regularly every season since. I just have started looking upwards since I finished university

Not putting you down by what I put.

Its something I always tell youngsters now as its something I did when I first started refereeing.

Ok. Thanks for the reply RustyRef 👍

Another question. Would me not having my own transport have any major negative effects on me officiating at that level?

No necessarily, lots of level 4s and even level 3s don't drive.

Back