A&H

Leicester-Newcastle

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Certain to be other talking points but can’t understand why Ki had to go off after treatment. Fouled by Tielemens who was rightly cautioned which should mean, unless I’ve missed the memo, he can stay on?

The Referee Store
Certain to be other talking points but can’t understand why Ki had to go off after treatment. Fouled by Tielemens who was rightly cautioned which should mean, unless I’ve missed the memo, he can stay on?
Not if his treatment has taken beyond the reasonable amount of time when everyone is ready to restart. LOTG states this is usually 20-25 seconds. After this, the referee is well within their rights to make the player leave the FoP.

Although well-intentioned, I think this is a law change that has pretty much failed. I cannot yet recall having seen an instance where a player has actually stayed on the field after receiving treatment even when the opponent was carded for the offence. I'm sure it has happened somewhere, sometime (I seem to remember one of the contributors on here mentioning having allowed it) but not in all the games I have seen since the change came in, and which probably number in the hundreds.

Not if his treatment has taken beyond the reasonable amount of time when everyone is ready to restart. LOTG states this is usually 20-25 seconds. After this, the referee is well within their rights to make the player leave the FoP.
Funnily enough this was a question on the 7*6 promotion exam and included reasonablely quick treatment in the wording.

Although well-intentioned, I think this is a law change that has pretty much failed. I cannot yet recall having seen an instance where a player has actually stayed on the field after receiving treatment even when the opponent was carded for the offence. I'm sure it has happened somewhere, sometime (I seem to remember one of the contributors on here mentioning having allowed it) but not in all the games I have seen since the change came in, and which probably number in the hundreds.
I saw it done last week when I was on the line.

Who cares, solid performance by the Toon, despite momentarily being down to 10

Actually on another point, the whole leaving the FOP thing is a total waste of effort as the player is invariably called back on immediately

Allowed a treated player (injured in a YC challenge) to stay on the FOP in my match today .. pretty common round these parts and we are even encouraged to take our time over the cautioning procedure to give the offended player a reasonable chance of being able to stay on

I got myself into a bit of bother earlier in the season trying to manage such a situation earlier in the season.

Poor tackle from green captain, should have been a YC, but no malice, he immediately apologised, checked fouled player, it was just a function of his (lack of) ability at this low level of the game. Fouled player was also happy (although hurt) that it was just “one of those things.” Temperature of the game was low, and green captain had been good as gold all game, pro-active and helpful. We had a “one way conversation” whilst player was being treated and I explained how close he had come to a card.

Green wall sets itself up ready for the free kick. Treatment finishes, “physio” (bloke with a bucket & sponge) leaves pitch, I don’t make injured player leave pitch.

I start to get verbals from one of the green wall - “he has to go off ref”. I, and captain, try to calm him down and shut him up, but to no avail. So I end up booking green captain, meaning injured player can stay on pitch, green captain accepts this graciously, other green players tell moaning green defender he should pay the fine. However, moaning green defender keeps chuntering on, so he ends up in the book, too, for dissent. Lesson learned- I should have just booked green captain in first instance.

Post script - 10 mins later, green defender who was whinging in the wall sidles up to me and apologises for being an ar$e.

Back