A&H

Lee Mason tonight, Everton v Southampton

The Referee Store
Examples perhaps?

We're not supposed to be ticking off referees like this on the forums.

Remember folks, refereeing forum not fan's forum and this topic hasn't started that way. By all means critique referee decisions but not starting with words like awful.

I will admit when I was watching the game live I initially thought it was a penalty, and Everton should have no complaints. However after watching replays of it I have to agree with others - I can’t see how it’s a foul. I’d almost say it was simulation.

I will admit when I was watching the game live I initially thought it was a penalty, and Everton should have no complaints. However after watching replays of it I have to agree with others - I can’t see how it’s a foul. I’d almost say it was simulation.

it is simulation!

Really poor PK decision by a referee on the decline and anyone making frequent mistakes like this will be castigated. That said, cheating players don't help the referees, but that bit gets forgotten about
As for VAR, 0/3 last night say's it all. FIFA no doubt notched up 3/3 on their politicised stats

Last edited:
The none sending off of Bednarek was far more baffling.

Richarlison edge of penalty box and Mason gives the foul but only a yellow card.

You can't give a yellow for DOGSO outside the penalty box.

Once again, I will reiterate the point being made by us.

We have no issue with constructive criticism of a decision as it is often through analysing our own and other’s mistakes that we will learn and avoid repeating them.

However, comments about individual referees personally is not welcome here. Go and find fans forums if that is what you want to do

We're running out of things to talk about!! :bag:
Edit: We're running out of things to complain about!! :bag:

Nope. Penalty remained the decision. The more I watch it the more I think “how can they think that’s a penalty?”. Ward-Prowse just throws himself onto the defender.
We all make mistakes but VAR can’t possibly look at that an not overturn it. It’s just wrong, no other way of looking at it

Back