A&H

Last minute big incidents

matty639

Level 5 Referee
Had one today, curious to ask others views, team a are beating team b by 5-0 and we're in the 93rd minute of 93 that I was intending to play. Team b CB dalies on the ball and has it nicked off him by forward. Forward runs through on goal, keeper comes running out of area forward knocks it passed him but over hits it so its running away from goal and and when the keeper clips his heels it's actually gone out of the left hand side if area ? Striker is a bit rotund to be kind to him so isn't the fastest, defender is also right behind him,

I decided that given how far he'd knocked to side and the fact the defender had a good chance to get back that I would only book the keeper for a foul rather than RC for DOGSO. I won't lie though that the fact that I was looking to blow up for full time swayed me also to slightly lenient.

I do wonder though as it was a chance and had that been in the 54th minute I would sent him off. Anyone else done similar?

The Referee Store
For what my opinion is worth, based on what you have said, 93rd minute or 54th - I would have gone down the foul route. Not DOGSO in my view as the ball (and player) were not travelling towards the goal at the time. Had the goalie not fouled him, by the sounds of it his angle on goal would have been all wrong by the time the defender was in a position to put a tackle in - therefore, not a goal scoring opportunity. Had the goalie fouled him while he was taking the ball directly to the goal a different matter.

Back