A&H

L'arbitre Blog - DOGSO-H or Offside?

To give you a bit of a teaser/backstory, have a read of Third Blind Mouse’s piece on this situation. https://thirdblindmouse.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/dogso-h-or-offside-i-cant-decide/ People may think that the laws/rules of sports are simple. This scenario can show just how mind-boggling a scenario in football can be. I thought the natural thing to make this clear is to draw […]
b.gif

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you on this. By the letter of the law the player in an offside position doesn't interfere in that phase of play. The player on the line handles it and it goes to the attacker but the defender has deliberately played the ball. The striker hasn't challenged for the ball or interfered with an opponent until the second phase of play which puts him onside by the new wording. Sounds would play advantage and goal + caution.

Anyone disagree? Or can correct me?

The deliberate save doesn't reset offside. I'd say that the attacker was guilty of gaining an advantage rather than interfering with play.

Hi @HullRef, I believe it's considered a deliberate save in the play (gaining an advantage by being in that position) because it was a shot on goal. If the "save" wasn't made, the ball would be in the net.

I agree with @bester on the restart. The green colour-coding is the decision-making process I feel should be taken.

Back