A&H

KUPS-Ilves

Ref1981

Your thoughts on this? (1:40->)

And some technology wizard could tell me how to get that video starting from 1:40

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Looks spot on to me. Clear pull back, clearly reducing his chance of scoring and very probably contributing to it being an easy save rather than an easy goal. Ref did his absolute best to play advantage (which would only have resulted in a yellow if it came off) but as it didn't, he's justified in pulling it back and therefore has got no option but to dismiss IMO.

Can't help with the youtube question unfortunately!

Maybe, but the very clear offence was outside the box and it's less clear once they're inside.

Given how early in the match it was, I think a tactically switched on GK should have let that past him!

Hard to tell from that angle whether the defender is pulling in the box also, or just keeping his hand on attackers back. But I think that PK wouldn't have been very wrong either.

Thats them, what, three, four yards in and defender still impeding/pulling striker..

Pk and red for me

Attachments

• IMG_6456.PNG
    IMG_6456.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 3
Red regardless of whether inside or outside, but does look to me that it carried on inside and should have been a penalty.

More worrying is the free kick, the player that blocks it is closer to the taker than the wall at the time it hits him. That is really, really poor.

Your thoughts on this? (1:40->)

And some technology wizard could tell me how to get that video starting from 1:40
On Youtube, on the video right click. You'll have the option to copy URL at the current time.

We all know that too many referees won't give a foul here unless you fall down like you've been hit by a truck so it's nice to see this was given. I mean, there's absolutely no argument over a foul. This is a clear foul and a RC inside or outside the PA (holding isn't covered by the DOGSO-yellow law After all, it's not an attempt on the ball at all!). Ref did well to allow play to continue then go back to the foul.

However, it certainly looked like it continued in the PA, so should have been a penalty.
As an AR, you either run to the corner once the whistle is blown, or run to be in line with the edge of the PA to indicate in or out.

That FK - first off, blatant encroachment. Come on ref, you either have a spine or you don't. That's very disappointing.

The wall was also clearly closer than 10 yards. Around the PA, use your field markings. 2 yards inside the arc means the wall is 2 yards behind the penalty spot.

So overall there were 6 decisions here:
- foul?
- location of foul?
- Advantage realised?
- card?
- location of wall
- encroachment

The referee only got 3 of them correct. That there was a foul and it was a red card, and advantage wasn't realised.

Yay! Proper football from the motherland!

I’ve only met one of the ARs briefly so I don’t know the guys well enough to ask them. But I’m sure this has been studied by our academy colleagues and we’ll find out more soon... but my thinking is that no one can honestly say they would PK RC here. Interesting case though.

I’ve only met one of the ARs briefly so I don’t know the guys well enough to ask them. But I’m sure this has been studied by our academy colleagues and we’ll find out more soon... but my thinking is that no one can honestly say they would PK RC here. Interesting case though.
The educated ones did, look at previous posts!

....umm.....what's your argument against a PK and a RC?

I posted two screen shots of the holding, some 4 yards INSIDE the box? Can only be a pk?

Well, as you know I am a convert to the ”what football expects” school. And a PK is not expected.

The AR cannot signal PK to the ref with the body as the AR is not well placed to decide if whatever the offence in the box is definitely a continuation of the same holding outside,

That said, they’ve got comms. Would love to know if PK was even thought of or said at the time.

This is one of those where the lack of force in the offence and not going to ground make a psychological barrier for the ref to making a stronger decision with heavier sanction even though legitimate in law.

Full respect to you if you could call RC PK in this context. Really though?

I looked at the vid a few more times... the first holding is arm over the right shoulder... inside the box it's holding the left arm... is this the same offence?

(I am a KuPs fan by the way... they are "my team" here... I've got the shirt!)

Back