A&H

Kit clash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect the referee to be reclassified off the back of the observer report because the margins are tight
That would surely be the expectation even though it won't come to fruition
The referee’s name is Stacey Pearson. She is a FIFA WSL and National League referee and since the Truro v Dorking game she has officiated 2 games in the NL N/S, most recent being 20th Aug (10 days after Truro game) So while she has made a huge error of judgement in the kit clash incident, I don’t see the possibility of her being reclassified.

Last edited:
A&H International
Ultimately, it was one of the Captain's who thought of the solution
If a solution was not found, the game must be abandoned. Either way, it should not have kicked off as that was madness
I would expect the referee to be reclassified off the back of the observer report because the margins are tight
That would surely be the expectation even though it won't come to fruition
It should not have needed the Captains to have thought of the solution, but a solution from any direction was appropriate. If the colour of both teams were the same on both sides as often is the case then another solution would needed to have been found (there was one other possibility that has been mentioned in previous threads). The found solution would have been appropriate in 5-a-side, and on the Sunday morning for many teams so no real reason cannot be used as a last resort in the National league especially with numbered shorts.

The referee’s name is Stacey Pearson. She is a FIFA WSL and National League referee and since the Truro v Dorking game she has officiated 2 games in the NL N/S, most recent being 20th Aug (10 days after Truro game) So while she has made a huge error of judgement in the kit clash incident, I don’t see the possibility of her being reclassified.
And nor should she in any shape or form. The only error perhaps was the game didn’t start in the same way as it finished.

And nor should she in any shape or form. The only error perhaps was the game didn’t start in the same way as it finished.
As I understand it, the margins are very very tight. Allowing the sides to kick off would not bode well at all for this report. The Social Media clips demonstrate a lack of leadership and a tunnel vision to kick off when everyone knew it was insane to do so
Those facts would ordinarily marry together to jeopardise status at any level. It's all regrettable and I sympathise with the predicament she was faced with, but it's just my nature to point out harsh truths

As I understand it, the margins are very very tight. Allowing the sides to kick off would not bode well at all for this report. The Social Media clips demonstrate a lack of leadership and a tunnel vision to kick off when everyone knew it was insane to do so
Those facts would ordinarily marry together to jeopardise status at any level. It's all regrettable and I sympathise with the predicament she was faced with, but it's just my nature to point out harsh truths
As with any Referee, there is a way to go about things in a Post Match debrief with the appointed Observer, as well as with the subsequent written report, which no doubt contained some learning points. However, on the other side of the coin, she was faced with a challenging situation and the game was fully played without any real issues once the shirts had been turned inside out. Credit must be given for that.

I know who she is and I feel bad about speaking publicly about the game
I wasn't going to comment, but the Social Media clips are a difficult watch
I'm not the best referee that ever walked the planet so I'm conscious of throwing stones in glass houses. It's just that something has to differentiate those referees who are promoted, retained or reclassified and I see this as 'major dev' stuff that would jeopardise her status, even if she performs well elsewhere. That said, they're observed on every game so the law of big number might be enough to absorb the impact of this one report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back